Cork v Tipp - Munster Hurling Semi-Final

I’ll see your Tiddlywinks and raise you Tipp’s excellent record in rounders.

They didn’t criticize the players about their hurling though, ever.

The reaction from Tipp is ridiculous, accept it. They are still in it. The reaction is almost worse than the Limerick one last year, which was on a bigger stage.

They are the world’s best at tinny as well.

Kev, that is utter shite and you know it, there was plenty of hand-wringing
and they nearly declared a week of mourning down there when Limerick won in the Pairc in 96.
Lot’s of people calling for JBM’s head after that one.
A few sound-bites from Babs, who is still grinding the same old axe, and you’re calling the reaction ridiculous?? It’s not as if Cleary said anything over-the-top. People are however entitled to question the preparation and mindset of a team that goes out and puts in such an insipid display.

Not ex-players and managers though. Thats my main point.

Babs is babs, that’s my point.

This is what i’m getting at

Emergency meetings the tuesday after - Retarded IMO, let them back to their clubs and chill out, play against lesser players and let them think they are good hurlers again.

Babs - Has alot of people who seem to listen to him in Tipp, and he’s not wrong about everything. But i do accept his soundbite value to the press and why they go after him.

The CB Chairman - openly questioning the training methods of the manager. Then devaluing the development sqauds that he more than likely talked up at many a dinner and social event.

That would be all fine if it was CP and what happened Limerick last year, but it is not that bad. Look at Kerry for fuck sake. Well beaten more than once by ourselves in Munster, back to win all irelands.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 470853”]
This is what i’m getting at

Emergency meetings the tuesday after - Retarded IMO, let them back to their clubs and chill out, play against lesser players and let them think they are good hurlers again.

Babs - Has alot of people who seem to listen to him in Tipp, and he’s not wrong about everything. But i do accept his soundbite value to the press and why they go after him.

The CB Chairman - openly questioning the training methods of the manager. Then devaluing the development sqauds that he more than likely talked up at many a dinner and social event.

That would be all fine if it was CP and what happened Limerick last year, but it is not that bad. Look at Kerry for fuck sake. Well beaten more than once by ourselves in Munster, back to win all irelands.[/quote]

Since the back door has come in Tipp have not performed well in the qualifiers, there is no reason to assume that will change this year.
Tommy Barrett is the Co Board President, an honorary position and is another relic, there is no way that a Co Board Officer would openly criticize the manager after a defeat like that.
The papers are calling it a crisis meeting, surely any county team after a defeat like last sunday’s would be having a review meeting to try to establish what went wrong and discuss where to go after such a beating.

That Article re: the crisis meeting is by Jackie Cahill. A flute of the highest order. he was on Tipp fm monday calling for Tipp to play a ‘tramp type of a player’ half forward and then named Mahony,Gar Ryan and Jody Brennan to be the half forward line the next day. Id pay no heed to what this lad says.

Tipp must bring in Redser O’Grady as captain if they are to have a chance. :stuck_out_tongue:

And while theyre at it bring back Donie O’Connell and Aiden Ryan :unsure:

Eoin Brislane, Webster, and Redser would make for a half forward line even Babs would be proud of.