Cork v Tipp - Munster Hurling Semi-Final

Turfcutter has been at the treacle again

I can’t think of a single reason why somebody would post up a picture of a tin of treacle on a thread dedicated to the glory of a titanic Cork-Tipperary Munster hurling championship clash.

Astonishing

Tipp are to me the most realistic contenters to KK crown and have only to go one step further this year to win the all ireland, Tipp have a fair bit of hurling done over the last couple of years, will sheedy spar em???

Aisake will start, guaranteed. I’d guess this will be the team:

Donal Og

Shane O’Neill
Eoin Cadogan
Brian Murphy

Gardiner
Curran
Sean Og

Tom Kenny
Cathal Naughton

Ben O’Connor
Niall Mac
Cussen

Pa Horgan
Aisake
Fraggie Murphy

Ben might be in the corner with either Fraggie or Horgan on the wing, but other then that I’d say that will be the team picked. Possibly Shane Murphy will start for Brian Murphy. Loads of out of form players. Tipp will beat them 3-5 points.

As an aside, here is what I’d pick from the current panel(which isn’t great)…

Coleman

Shane O’Neill
Dillon
Shane Murphy

Michael Walsh
John Gardiner
Eoin Cadogen

Tom Kenny
Leigh Desmond

Cathal Naughton
Niall Mac
Pa Horgan

Ben O’Connor
Cussen
Paudie Sul

Tipp to win by 5 or 6 points…

Cork will win this. Tipp are flaky enough. Playing at home 11/8 must be taken.

meh, tipp bet them there in 2008 to break the hoodo and are a better team now while Cork have regressed in that time

I think Cork will have a bit of a new manager bounce but Tipp will still have to be well below par for them to win.

The big question is whether the All Ireland series performances of last year represent the form high point of the Sheedy regime or not. If they can match that it’ll be good enough to win munster, better it and they’ll win the All Ireland.

Not much of a high point to be honest. They only won Munster and as everyone knows, Munster hurling is played at a fairly low level these days.

Cant see Cork winning this. They just don’t have the forwards to discomfit the tipp backs sufficiently enough.
If this game was being played in Thurles, tipp would stroll it. In parcy, Corks pride will keep tipp honest for a while, but the premier should have too much.

Tipp by 5+

Its the Cork backs that are the problem, not the forwards.

Tipp to win by 4. They’ll want to out a marker down for themselves after last years disappointment. It should motivate them for this years disappointment.

Sid - Beer and olives?

cork will win- its the last hurrah for some players & this will be the last sting of a dying wasp- as hobbies go these corkonians will give it their all - they will be ispired by the village idiot that was christy ring

Tom Kenny & Cussen are out injured are they not?

No Cussen has made a miraculous recovery, Kenny is dodgy alright though. He’s not the loss he may once have been though. The major pity is his heir apparent William Egan is also injured.

I would expect tipp to win easy by 7-9 points.

I would be amazed If Cork start that ape up front, I hope i am wrong and he turns into a dan shanahan but on all known evidence he is clearly not good enough.

Cant see anything other than a Tipp win… Cork were poor in the league final, the only game they played at any level of intensity this year. Tipp by 4.

I dunno lads, I think 4/6 is very generous odds for Tipp.

:rolleyes:

You’ll have to be more subtle.