Cork v Tipp - Munster Hurling Semi-Final

Iā€™m being deadly serious.
There seems to be a lot of people saying that they think Tipp will win easily.
I am one of them. With that in mind 4/6 for a strong favourite in my mind is generous.

One thing that could be in Corkā€™s favour is where both teams are in their training. Tipp faded in the second half of their Munster matches last year, presumably with a view to peaking in August and Sepember. Cork could and should have beaten them, even though they hadnā€™t had a proper winter of training. I wonder will Tipp adopt the same ā€œpeaking lateā€ approach to training this year. If that is the case youā€™d think Cork have a chance because Cork will have been specifically targeting this match for the last six months.

Still think Tipp have too much though - even last year with a good Cork performance and a poor Tipp one it was still a Tipp win.

if there was no back door 4/6 tipp would be a massive price. Always a fear in these matches that they mightnā€™t put in 100%.

True for ya, but this is pretty much a match to guarantee an easier passage. i.e at least an AI Quarter Final.
The winner here will beat Limerick. Iā€™d expect that they both give this one 100% and train through the Limerick game.

Madnness the way people are rating the game, there isnā€™t too much between them at all. Tipp have injury worries alright, and Cork are probably looking for a big game from Cussen with Pat Horgan scoring 1-06 at least.

But i think this means more to Cork. Understand Tipp being favourites, but strong favourites they are not, all bias aside.

Fox and English, Hennessy and Fitzgibbon, Ryan and Leahy, Fenton and Barry Murphy, beer and olives - a classic combination.

Tipperary 4-6 pts 5/1

Not a bad bet

hon the fuck Tipp B)

The Cork team to play Tipperary in Sundayā€™s Munster Championship Quarter-Final at 4pm in PĆ”irc UĆ­ Chaoimh is as follows:

1. Donal Og Cusack (Cloyne)
  2. Shane Oā€™Neill (Bishopstown)
  3. Eoin Cadogan (Douglas)
  4. Brian Murphy (Bride Rovers)
  5. John Gardiner (Na Piarsaigh)
  6. Ronan Curran (St. Finbarrā€™s)
  7. Sean Og Ɠ hAilpƭn (Na Piarsaigh)
  8. Tom Kenny (Grenagh)
  9. Cathal Naughton (Newtownshandrum)
  10. Ben Oā€™Connor (Newtownshandrum)
  11. Jerry Oā€™Connor (Newtownshandrum)
  12. Niall McCarthy (Carrigtwohill)
  13. Kieran Murphy (Sarsfields) - Captain
  14. Aisake Ɠ hAilpƭn (Na Piarsaigh)
  15. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)
  16. Martin Coleman (Ballinhassig)
  17. Shane Murphy (Erinā€™s Own)
  18. Eoin Dillon (Milford)
  19. Conor Oā€™Sullivan (Sarsfields)
  20. Ray Ryan (Sarsfields)
  21. Michael Walsh (Kildorrery)
  22. Lorcan McLoughlin (Kanturk)
  23. Michael Cussen (Sarsfields)
  24. Paudie Oā€™Sullivan (Cloyne)
  25. Anthony Nash (Kanturk)
  26. Mark Oā€™Sullivan (Dripsey)
  27. Tadgh Og Murphy (Sarsfields)
  28. Graham Callanan (Glen Rovers)
  29. Cian McCarthy (Sarsfields)
  30. Luke Oā€™Farrell (Midleton)

whats the story with Cussen lads? granted, I havent seen cork play a whole load of games, but those I have seen, Cussen is by far a much better hurler and target man than Aisake. Aisake is shite. Yeah, heā€™ll break a few balls, and even catch a couple, but his swing is like a 10 foot tinkers gate, creaky rusty and wild. heā€™ll probably prove me worng and make bits of Tipp, but I think heā€™s shite.

Iā€™d be very surprised if thatā€™s the team that starts or if they line out as selected. Cussen will definitely start Iā€™d say.
Niall McCarthy? Ben and Jerry in the half-forward line?

There is no complacency in Tipp about this match, they have won twice in Pairc UĆ­ Caoimh in the last 70 odd years.
Cork should be favourites for next Sunday and rightly so as they are current league finalists, Tipp will be lucky to keep it pucked out to them.
With regards to posts and pointers about the occasion, Pairc UĆ­ Caoimh is a bit of a shithole but at least there isnā€™t a bad view in the place. Trying to get out of the kip is an event in itself.
Oh I forgot to mention the mutual respect between these 2 counties that people from Johnny-come-lately counties would not understand or appreciate.

Its hard to argue with that Gman, heā€™s relatively shite alright. I think we all want to give him the chance to become Setanta, but despite being a better prospect when younger he ainā€™t no Setanta.

Iā€™m shocked at Cussens non involvement from the start, heā€™s a far better player than Aisake. Its a bit bewildering, but to his credit, he cleaned Maher out for 20 mins that day in the league. If he learned to do nothing else other than give a quick hand pass heā€™d do very well this year, and would improve over time with everything else. He works hard, can catch a savage ball, but as you pointed out heā€™s limited in hand. Just pass it to someone else and Cork will cause teams problems.

I like having the ā€œHurlingā€ centre forward, but i would have liked it to be Ben and Cussen on the wing, with Jerry off. But look, bringing Cussen on could work for us to, so weā€™ll have to wait and see.

Glad Naughton is midfield, and at least heā€™ll stay with the pacey midfield of Tipp, if him and Kenny break even, and we outfox the strong, but somewhat slow Tipp half backs i think Cork will win.

Of course Tipp could do the same to our ā€œmiles on the clockā€ half backs. I was talking to a relation of JG last week and he thinks they are in flying shape again, Sean Og is half a stone lighter than for the league final, and Gardiner himself is feeling the best in years. From the Barrs iā€™ve heard Curren is flying, so maybe they are back, but we wonā€™t know till sunday.

Cork have superb full back line cover, but we are really stuck at half back, even though if needs be Shane Oā€™ Neill can move out there.

All in all there isnā€™t much else to do with that Cork team at present, and we could have a hum dinger on sunday. You just canā€™t beat Cork-Tipp really.

:clap: :clap: , Iā€™m in total agreement with you on this one.

why do bog hockey fans always talk about how someone is doing in training? ive never seen sports fans analyse normal sports with such tripe - Celtic about to play the huns & people start talking about how Mcgeady is doing in training would be laughed at- the whole training is based on these next few months - surely all the players are flying in training

Well you fucking tard, if you read it again its based on challenge games with Cork and Senior league club games. I never, ever, mentioned training.

Keep up.

challenge games= training

Surprised Cussen isnā€™t starting. Musnā€™t have been showing up well in training.

:lol: