Cork v Waterford 2017 hurling

Kingston deserves the credit. He shuffled around and got experts in. He gave guys better more suitable roles.

But Gary Keegans influence is slapping me in the face. Tge language even out of someone like Sully is Sports Psych. So Kingston again deserves huge credit cos he got a pig mule of a stubborn ego like Rock to buy in. Iā€™m astonisged at the tyrn around in this space of time. I expected an improvement, but not that much. Sully is working with the back and in fairness deserves credit for the edge he is giving them. His experience is critical but yseless unless used well.

Myler, who i called for as manager last time round was a clever call as well. The connection to 21 is one thing, but he is a tough nut and thats what alot of these lads needed. A no nonsense approach. Many of them were happy with the adulation of being an IC player. He would be a shit or get off the pot person.

And Ryan is clearly doing a nice job as coach. Hurling is much better and Cork are actually rucking like a team who practice it now.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Have clare a chance

No

1 Like

Ye were poor

Will McGrath stay on if ye win nothing?

I still havenā€™t watched it back in full, but it appears that, like Tipp, Waterford did not get close enough to Lehane.

I know heā€™s fast and in form, but you put someone on him that wonā€™t let him get off the mark easily. Someone that will just stick by him, annoying him, standing on his toes, little pulls of the jersey and will hit him hard when the ball comes his way. Looked like he had way too much freedom.

With the form heā€™s in, itā€™s definitely worth man marking him; he was getting inspirational scores which will drive on the rest of the team. 4 points from play is too much to concede from one player, limit him and force the scoring emphasis onto the other forwards.

1 Like

Iā€™d say heā€™s gone either way the end of the year

By picking Lehane at centre forward Cork have put opponents in a Catch 22 situation. If the centre back follows him you leave a gaping hole for Harnedy to run into. If you drop a midfielder/ half forward. Cork have Coleman and Fitzgibbon as options with Nash as the taker of the puck outs. The puck out strategy is the key. Stop that and you stop Cork.

The best strategy I have seen is the one above @Fagan_ODowd came up with but you might end up playing with 14 players.

1 Like

10 PTs no goals in first half

Since Waterford apparently only played two men inside in any case, what did they have to lose by just detailing one man to mark Lehane everywhere he went?

I do think that stopping the puckout strategy is important, and Iā€™m sure that Morrissey and Oā€™Connor (and Cusack) will closely analyse that down to the finest detail but Iā€™m sure Lehane will get a bit of treatment too.

Klar only bet poor Limurick side by 4

I agree should have being more

Should ā€¦Could ā€¦it wasnā€™t.

Is that the first coherent sentence you have posted on TFK. Remember which login you post under cc @ChocolateMice @Mark_Renton

Jackie Tyrell was right. Waterford were too nice. They should roughed up Cork. The team that beats Cork will do that. Tipp wonā€™t be as nice to them if they meet again.

2 Likes

wtf expected better from you

1 Like

Cork will hammer Clare on current form, theyā€™ll hardly need to break a sweat, but thereā€™s probably a bit more in Clare and they could surprise me.
@Fagan_ODowd outside of hardcore violence I think youā€™d find it tough enough to rough up Nash to the point of affecting his puck outs, unless youā€™re advocating taking him out of the game altogether which is a massive risk (and pure scumbaggery) of drawing a red card, I doubt youā€™re serious.
Galway are still a bit ahead of Cork but things could change.

1 Like

Bennett will get done by the CCCCCCCC? Right?

11 of that cork team started the 2013 all Ireland final

What has that got to do with that cunt Bennett Joe?