Cork v Waterford 2017 hurling

Scumbaggery would be one route. Simple gamesmanship would be another and a manager as long in the tooth as McGrath should have been capable of trying it to break Corks rhythm. Simple things like a fellow going down injured in the square every now and again. Fucking away Nash’s Hurley every once in a while, walking in in front of him. Simple every day fuckacting.

1 Like

Certainly not

I’d agree to a point but its a thin line between roughing up and committing hurling suicide in giving away frees and red cards. I actually thought the full back line did plenty roughing up of Cadogan and to lesser extent Horgan. Players that go into a game with the intention of roughing up th eopposition usually forget they can hurl and perform poorly. (Ossie ???)

On a further note and not been close to Waterford I was surprised that the likes of Patrick Curran was not starting. The Bennetts looked leg weary and Austin Gleeson a shadow of himself. Actual are this team over cooked. They looked like a team after 4 years of Davy Fitz type coaching/incarceration.

That’s different from what i thought you were suggesting,
Nash likes a good whinge though and that shit would fly a couple of times max. Nice to see him get a bit of praise here though

I’ll slit your throat, you cunt. The mods can see clearly that one of us is in Cork and the other in Sixmilebridge.

3 Likes

Stop course

Cork will be beaten by matching their workrate and taking it from there. Anyone who thinks throwing away Nash’s hurley is a better strategy is away with the fairies. They’re in great form and have a few top notch individuals, but it’s only June, and games in June don’t mean half as much anymore. It’s a long season.

1 Like

Clare will have to sort their own goalkeeping issues from the last day… On current form, Cork defence won’t cough up the shite Limerick did either - But Clare have the best player in the country at present in Galvin, if they can get Kelly motoring at all it should be a proper shootout.

Waterford weren’t lacking in hardness. Their opponents were hopping off the ground and they hadn’t the energy to stay with them. First touch was also an issue all day and it allowed Cork to swarm the man on the ball and force rushed decisions. It’s the basics that weren’t right.

1 Like

Or goalie is a big prob that whole back line will be changed

Cork are light and will suit clare

Coleman will redden Tony kelly

2 Likes

In his dreams delighted Kelly played bad the last day now he is looking to atone cc @Watch_The_Break

Tony Kelly is a ham - Galvin is the main man on that team.

They don’t know that cork fools

McGrath podge Shan SOD Kelly

Conlon will sit on top of Coleman.

Cleary can’t be on frees surely it wil be Kelly

But he plays 11 and the no.6 will not do that. Thats why Cork send Meade or someone else into the middle. So if he does follow and is marked then the other options open up a pretty dangerous run thru the middle.

Its a very old and rudimentary, but maybe polished, puck out set up. But they are executing it really well.

1 Like

It was too fast. They fried it by leaving their own lads inside the 21and Kelly was fooled twice. But then he copped it and let Nash carry on as Cork were running out.