Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

If they are consistent and consider that there was no intention to interfere with the helmet, as there wasn’t with tuohy, then thats all anyone can ask for

Hence my point about interpretation of the rule and consistency in application of the rule

De burca did fuck all, he shouldn’t have been suspended. But what gleeson did was way worse. But no harm done really, no injury. And no suspension due. But you were calling for touhy to be banned last week.

I would think so.

Wtf was Conor Gleeson thinking. Seven points up, few mins left, game over and he does that. Absolutely brain dead. Desperate to miss an All-Ireland final for something so bloody stupid.

What Austin Gleeson did was clear as day. Would be a disaster if they banned him, don’t think they will though.

No Galway poster has called for Gleeson to be banned you dimwit, quite the opposite.

1 Like

I was calling for consistency

Ignore the freak for the next few weeks pal, enjoy the build up. His life revolves around getting reactions on the internet. Don’t give him one.

3 Likes

Horgan was their best player comfortably. Lehane had flashes of class but was generally well-marshalled.

Croke Park will engage in a classic fudge here. Conor Gleson, who hasn’t a prayer of getting his red card rescinded, has probably saved Ozzie from a ban.

Of the three major “helmet” incidents this summer, the most innocuous of them (De Búrca) will ultimately be the only one punished.

Ozzie’s was actually the most clearcut in terms of intent. Tuohy, admittedly was facing away from Bonner Maher, but what did he think he was holding? He could have taken his hand off but chose not to.

3 Likes

Intent means nothing. The Tuohy and Gleeson incidents are the same.

I think they will ban him tbh.

Incorrect. The rule clearly uses the word “deliberately” Intent is, therefore, the only thing.

1 Like

There have been four major helmet incidents. O’Keefe’s one v Cork where he was banned as well

There was the same intent there in Tuohy’s tackle.

Tuohy got off.

Ergo, Gleeson gets off.

Yes, I already made that point.

If the GAA were to apply the rules correctly, both Tuohy and Gleeson would be suspended.

Stephwn O’Keefe against Cork was worst of the summer by a mile imo

Is that me your referring to?

Definitely not bro

1 Like

The best 19 year old to apparently ever play the game was terrible for Gleeson’s match clinching third goal. Let him walk in.

3 Likes