Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

That’s what happens when an elite referee like James properely applies the advantage rule, mate.

Were there incidents that should have been Waterford frees during this time?? I thought he was alright.

I often see that reasoning being used as to why a referee was bad but it doesn’t make much sense to me.

A player would have to decapitate an opponent to get a red card from me in an All-Ireland semi-final.

1 Like

I wouldn’t agree with that at all mate, nobody took Waterford for granted though Cork people were quite confident alright,
Makes a change though from the type of TFK poster too cowardly to ever predict a victory for any team they support for fear of having a bit of egg on their faces :sweat_smile:

What if he told you to go fuck yourself and smacked you in the face with the butt of the hurl and then took a dump on you.

You would probably brandish a red there too.

Or stole his whistle and gave him a boot up the hole

You need to call those posters out right now, mate – Don’t let them laugh at you.

Austin Gleeson is a game breaker. He can do frustratingly little for 55 minutes and then tur. The game on its head in 2 minutes the way he did yesterday.

2 Likes

No, mate every time there was a ruck he was getting ready to blow but didn’t have a clue what to do so took it back down.

A good man to turn a helmet on a head as well

1 Like

You’re just acting the eejit here, pal.

Yes, of course there was. 23 minutes without conceding a free would indicate unbelievable discipline which Cork very clearly do not have. Dan ran onto the pitch and told him to start reffing both sides and he duly obliged.

1 Like

He’s as bad as any ref out there. Bottled sending Gleeson.

Big time. Our e-buddy @Bandage is displaying his notorious one-eyed view of his performance just because he is a yellow belly.

1 Like

What is it about @bandage and refs? He hasn’t a clue God help him.

2 Likes

Does anyone pay any attention to him any more after he made a show of himself in the wake of Galway’s win? - He’s now jumped on the Waterford bandwagon after abusing them for the last 3 years… He’s a laughing stock

5 Likes

Donal Og told him it was ok to like Waterford and he jumped on board straight away

After @Nembo_Kid, @Rocko, @johnnysachs and @Ashman he is still the go to guy for Celtic discussion though.

I thought Owens allowed himself to be bullied by larger than life figure Diarmuid “The Rock” O’Sullivan and was afraid to give Waterford a few frees, until Dan waded in and reminded him that he was allowed referee both teams.

4 Likes

Not having a notion of what’s going on doesn’t stop people from enjoying themselves as exemplified by @Horsebox here. He had a grand day out with the family and that’s the main thing.