Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

You’d expect better from someone of Knockanore stock.

1 Like

[quote=“GeoffreyBoycott, post:1455, topic:24511, full:true”]

I met a few dubs today and they giving it socks that if Aussie Gleeson was Dermo , he would be suspended by the CCCC and miss the final. They to a man had forgotten that Dermo was due to miss a final due a straight red but got cleared to play. best of luck to him , hopefully aussie gets to play as well

maybe the dubs can assist Waterford get Conor Gleeson’s red rescinded like Dermo’s a few years back

Gavin has not passed the fitness test in at least 5 years, and they make soecial arrangements for him.
Soni suspect he is safe enough

Anyone disputing Gleeson being guilty is absolurely mental. Its nearly the most obvious case of them all.

With 10 mins left i was thinking there is no team i ever wanted to win an AI before more than the Waterford hurlers.
Bu the end and now i hope Galway batter them. The stupidity is off the charts. I have never seen the like of it. They do not deserve it. Discipline is a skill, like any other mental preparation skill. I had not seen the Ozzie incident before today. What a langer.
Gleesons was worse considering everything.
Its just nuts.
No sympathy for them

4 Likes

Of course it was a red and of course he should be out for the final. It is however the GAA, an utterly moronic organisation that will administer the rules in whatever way that pleases them. He’ll play in the final.

I didn’t see the Conor Gleeson but I’d have no issue with a lad hitting back after being hit himself.

Of course the worst offence was Walsh (iirc) shouldering Cooper to the head after the second goal, which has been completely ignored.

2 Likes

In fairness to Meade, he didn’t make a meal of it, even though Gleeson appeared to try and pull his head off. He could have laid on the ground and pretended his neck was broken or ran to the linesman, but like a man decided to play on. Unlike that absolute Wexican prick who ran to the linesman after the TDB incident, or the Tipp cunt who did the same in the Tuohy incident. In the latter two cases the helmets came off after innocuous enough contact, and that happens all the fucking time nowadays in hurling.

In the universe of pricks, the biggest prick of them all though was the same Gleeson for the first Cahalan yellow , lost control of the ball, tried to smother it, and Cahalan made a perfectly legal pull on the ball. Gleeson went down as if he had been hit with a sledgehammer and got his man booked. An aspect of our beautiful game that is becoming really hard to stomach. Nothing against Waterford, Horgan is an absolute cunt for diving as well as if he were shot after the slap from Conor Gleeson, having started it himself with a sly dig.

If the GAA had any balls, they would rescind the Conor Gleeson and Horgan red cards as there was fuck all in that unless hurling is to be made a non contact sport. Austin Gleeson can count himself a very lucky man if he is let off (and I hope he is, to stop the incessant blaa whinging), as he had the choice to let go of Meade’s helmet, and instead choose to yank it. Anyone suggesting it is the same as the Tuohy or TDB incidents is blinded by bias or a moron, as there was no forcible yanking of the face guard in either of those two cases. It’s quite incredible that seemingly intelligent posters can’t tell the difference between incidental contact with a helmet and deliberately yanking a man’s helmet off by the face guard.

If you want to argue the issue further, study the history of American football, who have been ruling on face guard infringements for decades. There is no penalty for incidental contact with a helmet or a face guard, even if the helmet comes off. If you grab a face guard and let go you get penalized, a 5 yard penalty which is not a huge penalty. If you grab and hold on, and yank the player’s head, you get the harshest penalty.

It’s not fucking rocket science, the key word in the rule is dangerous.

7 Likes

Eh, I highlighted the incident. Very un Brick like.

Thankfully the opinion of a lickspittle who ran away doesn’t count.

1 Like

I wonder did it cross the minds of the brains trust in Cork over the two weeks they had to prepare for Waterford…

Waterford certainly dived a couple of times also.

Aidan is a gas man all the same. :rollseyes:

A Tipp man responding to him admitted to having his helmet pulled off during a game :astonished: The GAA has a problem.

A fierce auld romantic all the same but

If morning reports are correct then massive credit to James Owens for not bowing to the pressure from Galway and Kilkenny to hang Ozzie out to dry for an inconsequential / accidental match occurrence. As I posted last night when I watched it again, there isn’t a case to answer.

James actually got every big decision correct when you analyse it coldly:

• Cahalane first yellow, correct, wild pull on A Gleeson’s leg;
  • Cahalane second yellow, correct, dangerous high tackle on C Gleeson;
  • Horgan straight red, correct, nasty and sneaky dig into C Gleeson’s ribs / side;
  • C Gleeson straight red, correct, retaliatory strike on Horgan with the hurl;
  • A Gleeson no action for helmet incident, correct, incidental and accidental tangle.

Used the advantage brilliantly for the Mahony strike / superb Nash save in the first half before bringing it back for free in for drag back on Brick and the Lehane point in second half. Refereed both halves of the pitch in the exact same manner unlike last week and cemented his position as the foremost GAA referee of his generation. Well done, James.

1 Like

That never happened

You couldn’t be expecting the likes of lickspittle Jarlath Burns to listen to that sort of sense now.

1. Luke Meade is from Newcestown. If all Cork players had their attitude god help ye all.
  2. Its quite possible the rule has actually created more incidents. Some players will always go to the edge. As stupid as it is. Yet i do not remember this being a massive problem till they brought in the rule.

I was looking at photos of Tony Keady last week and laughing. Essentially he wore a cap. It was fuck all use. Many players never word helmets. Its quite possible all they do is save the odd superficial injury, but not much else.

Austin Gleeson is like a bold child, he was testing boundaries. If they did not exist i doubt he would have gone near them.

And how dangerous is it anyway? I’m not convinced.

1 Like

Are you having man sex with James Owens?

It can be the only reason for this bizarre support.

He has copped out like the weak prick he is.

1 Like