Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

@Bandage is taking up an auxiliary position on anything and everything that’s anti-Galway and of course Ownes is a Wexford prick. … I wouldn’t pay too much attention.

Meade’s reaction was unbelievable in this day and age, he deserves huge credit, somehow I can’t imagine his fellow parishioner Tim Crowley would have made much of a deal of that either, if they could get a helmet on him at all.

You thought that Cahalane was sent off for a tackle on Barron (incorrect) and Horgan was sent off in a case of mistaken identity (incorrect). It wouldn’t have merited any comment only you also posted that Owens was brutal for this period of the game so it suggests your observation skills weren’t at their best on Sunday (unlike James who was actually correct and was wonderful throughout).

few odd posts there from people not at the game id imagine about Cork not “respecting” waterford…
im baffled by this , what are they supposed to do? , do endless interviews what “ah shur, i suppose,” before the game?
what type needy individual craves the faux respect of others? do they need to see it typed in twitter
cork lined up in a 6-2-6 formation, is that deemed to be disrespectful? the better team won after both played to their strengths, everyone agreed and moved on, as i posted earlier it was a thoroughly decent occasion.
both teams respected each other by going out and playing the game as they could ,
there is no bad feeling between cork and waterford and i cant see any reason why there ever will be… its above the understanding of those who look for whatever they term to be “respect”…

8 Likes

You’d be a lunatic not to wear a helmet. When no one was wearing them, there was a bit of a code of honour about not pulling on a mans head, but you’d often see fellas following through and batting down on a fellas head now. Flicking fellas in the face guard in the tackle is standard enough now as well.
That said they were some awful accidental injuries pre the helmet days, to eyes etc, and it’s definitely safer now. Even with a general agreement not to pull on a lads head, how many fellas do you remember playing with bandages wrapped around their heads in the good old days? Everyone from the pre helmet era was split open at some stage.

There was a chap in the 1993 Wexford under-14 Dvision 2 final that had such, I think.

I half saw it once as i was chatting to someone beside me.

Its bizarre that you are using tye fact i half saw something on tv to releave Owens of responsibility for the entire game. Saying correctly or incorrectly after a sentance is only an opinion. By the letter of the law James Owens has let Gleeson off cos it looks better (in his own weird head) for him. Rumour has it Owens delayed his report and spoke to some influential people and maybe even watched a video before giving report. Not sure how common practice it is to review without instruction but its clear he is fudging.

Owens is bringing the game into disrepute

1 Like

There’s nothing more GAA than a good old fashioned fudge. The people want Aussie/Auzzie/Ozzie in the final. Let them eat cake.

2 Likes

That always happened.

Before stupid fucking drills we were taught how to protect ourselves.

I played alot of centre forward and was old school, still am. I overhead pull if i don’t have a clean ball
Get ball into inside forward line asap. I broke hurleys doing it. I never hurt someone. Ever.

3 Likes

That’s good news. Just throw in the ball and let them at it. Waterford should try to get Conor off now. A bare tap of the hurl after a dirty dig in the ribs and Horgan went down like a sack of spuds. Horgan is the most disgraced player from all the shenanigans on Sunday. Who was the Cork player who petulantly kicked Gleeson after his goal? Fairly sneaky. I wonder could Cork county board be in a bit of trouble for failing to control their players on Sunday. They lost their discipline completely.

2 Likes

I didn’t relieve Owens of responsibility of the entire game - he had a wonderful game throughout. It’s just amusing that you’re having a go at him when you’re getting so much wrong yourself whereas he was right. And then a twist on someone you know to round it off with the “rumour has it…” bit. Wonderful. :clap:

That was Mark Ellis. Shane Kingston is a lucky boy also

1 Like

Nobody kicked Gleeson after his goal

Kicked Barron after his second goal

A classic case of a team collectively lowering the blade on Sunday but to be fair, Cork are normally not a dirty team. Maybe the occasion got to them. Hopefully justice prevails and Conor Gleeson gets off so that Horgan won’t have to go through the tormented soul searching that Harry Kehoe went through in the last few weeks after committing the ultimate sin in GAA, acting up to get a player sent off.

It was an attempted trip not a kick

Sorry yeah it was Barron after he scored the last goal. I’m losing the run of myself here.

Ok fair enough

You’ll be up to speed in a few days, mate.

Ah sure it was one of Barron-Gleeson triplets