Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

I just need to read a few other peopleā€™s opinions of what went on and then I should be able to form a reasonably coherent outlook on proceedings.

1 Like

In fairness Cork are not normally that kind of team but I would suspect they were goaded into it by that attention seeking gowl O Sullivan.

3 Likes

As i mentioned elsewhere, classic example of a team transitioning from ā€œsoftā€ to hardening up.

They will have a better balance to it next year as long as KK stays.

It certainly seems like that. What he help Cahalane with also hurt him. But thats learning.

i thought the referee, i think he was from wexford was very harsh on cork .sending off 2 of their/ā€œourā€ players for nothing incidents
in an AISF you should need to kill someone i think to get a red, Cahalane should have just got a talking to and the messing at the end with those 2 eejits was probably a pair of yellows as it was most unmanly stuff
the general perception of the ā€œsmall manā€ is that Cork are a bunch of faggots so having 2 red cards is most unorthodox

hopefully Gleeson or ā€œOzzieā€ as those in the know refer to him makes it, an AIF deserves the best players to play, fk the rules
he did shag all for the first 50 but hit a point off on the run from out around midfield there in the second half that was as fine a score as i have seen
that goal he scored was a load of shite tho, it was a team who were missing a full back, he should have been badly injured on the way in, the only fella we have who could do that tho was up in the stand for taking a fella out in a harmless position in midfieldā€¦ Cork will learnā€¦

1 Like

did you enjoy the day pal?

:clap:

Was it minor you won with Cork?

Junior C with Ballinora
He nearly killed me one day down in Ballygarvan

3 Likes

My sources tell me he was involved with county - maybe it was football.

Old school centre forward can be translated to awkward lad that is put there to stop the centre back from hurling

Every team needs a few stoppers

1 Like

Possibly. But JBM played no.11 like that as well when he was there, and even played a bit like that from the wing.

Far from awkward, But i was a long way from any way exceptional also and played just as much in the backs and in goal. At 17 played centre forward, corner back and in goal on way to an u21 final against Ballincollig. Plugging holes the whole time.
Then dropped for Final when keeper came back having missed semi due to soccer.
Got 6 months in that final for kicking John Dwyer (current Minor coach) when he came over the line at one point. Have no idea why i kicked him, he is sound and completely unconfrontational. It was a wild final, 6 sent off.

3 Likes

You can lecture Waterford all day about discipline, but you have no idea why you kicked a fella? Unreal.

3 Likes

A lot of guys around here pontificate from the pulpit alright

:grin:

Says the lads screaming to have Tuohy shot

Iā€™ve said it plenty, I donā€™t want Tuohy shot or suspended or any such like, it was a blessing that he wasnā€™t suspended as the GAA/CCC hadnā€™t a leg to stand on when it came to Aussie

Oh, sorry. You want to use what you consider one wrong to clear another to make a right? :ok_hand:

No I donā€™t consider the act wrong I consider it a stupid fucking rule. Capiche

Thereā€™s a lack of consistency in the Waterford rhetoric.

Luckily, allā€™s well that ends well and thereā€™ll be no player missing the final through suspension. I hope the other Gleeson wins his appeal and both teams have a full deck to choose from and the best team wins.

4 Likes