Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

Galway will fuck Gleeson up good and proper.

I am a coach now. I was a player then. I was poorly treated and obviously frustrated. It was more a wonder to why i choose him, made no sense.

I was very poorly coached at that level. So i learned the hard way. Those lads were clueless. We left a chance of robbing a county from the big town behind us (they had been nominated from Mid-Cork, won county but had to come back to play us and was all on the line). We were a disgrace that day. Hurling never recovered from ot in the club till around now. But while i deserved the ban, the managemebt were to blame for it all.

And both Cork and Waterfords discipline was dreadful for the level and stage of competition. Both managements have questions to abswer on that front. I am not sparing anyone.

1 Like

Its a reactionary rule that has led to more problems than solutions

It’s a rule - that has led to more reactionary solutions than problems.

It has led to loads of problems.

That makes no sense

If lads would just not grab helmets like the rule says there wouldn’t be any problems.

7 Likes

Sure the Laois lad reckons the ref can determine the force used to pull the helmet and issue a red or yellow card based on this split second analysis of mechanical force used by the offender. By the way this is his opinion 2 days after the incident, the man who’s job it was to adjudicate on the spot didn’t actually see the incident. But that’s all rectified now thankfully

Shur the Limerick lad thinks we dont need any sanctions. He lives in a fairy land where everyone can just get along and simply play the game, always abiding by the rules. In his mind, all we’d need the referee for would be to toss in the ball.

[quote=“the_mixer_walsh, post:1530, topic:24511, full:true”]
Sure the Laois lad reckons the ref can determine the force used to pull the helmet and issue a red or yellow card based on this split second analysis of mechanical force used by the offender. By the way this is his opinion 2 days after the incident, the man who’s job it was to adjudicate on the spot didn’t actually see the incident. But that’s all rectified now thankfully
[/quote]

/original/3X/f/b/fbd4b7800358823a0d14c9ef844ca47ee3433e5e.JPG

2 Likes

Do you not see the rule heightened the awareness of it as some kind of advantage so these latchicos like gleeson do it.

There was fuck all incidents before the rule

There were a few incidents in matches and the frequency was increasing. The rule was introduced to stamp it out because of the risk of dangerous neck injuries. Think not just intercounty but in club games what could happen if lads dragged out of the helmet all the time with little repercussion. The rule has largely been a success in stamping out interference with the helmet.

It’s not the fault of the rule that Gleeson is a fucking idiot.

The management were to blame for you kicking a mentor from the opposing team for absolutely no reason at all :grinning: That’s the most Kev post yet.

2 Likes

All they had to do was sit him down and say, now Kev, don’t kick that lad over there.

3 Likes

Too many drills in training, and not enough practising what to do if the opposing teams management come onto the field, meant Kev was entirely unprepared

1 Like

Thays just a lie. I remember it clearly and i rememver the discussion. There was very kittle evidence to support it.

And now all it did was increase it.

It was the height of PC, insurance driven bullshit in this country.

But aside from that. They brought it in and now have made the greatest fuck of it in history. The All Ireland final is now a farce

The managemebt is responsible for the discipline of the entire team yes.

I took personal responsibility. I didn’t have to allow myself be named, could have wormed out of it. I apologised to John and got on with it.

We had 7 suspensions i think from it. If thats not managements fault then why have a management at all

Did the management team have a policy of kicking opposing mentors whenever the chance arose?

1 Like

It’s not a lie. Interference with the helmet crept into the game more once helmets became mandatory.

If players faceguard is pulled it leaves them in a very vulnerable position.

A decision was taken to have zero tolerance for this and wipe it out. The rule very clear and hard to break by accident so no one can have any complaints if they break it. It’s black and white, entirely the players fault if they break it. Gleeson is an idiot

There is no argument for getting right of the rule. It’s a good rule.

1 Like

Solely Gleeson’s fault if it is.

They appear to have passed it on to Mark Ellis. It could be a Cork thing.