Cork weirdo/sicko thread

You don’t agree with state contributions for the GAA because they don’t allow their pitches used for other sport but happy for state funding to private schools. Incredible hypocrisy.

My point is, and it is directly relevant, is that by subsidising fee paying schools the State is subsidising rugby. Do you think for a second that if Belvedere had to pay their own teachers that they could afford to keep Phil Warahiko as a full time rugby coach?

6 Likes

I’m still sour about it myself, but I suppose the money was put to good use in South Dublin.

I don’t think you can read.

1 Like

Belvedere do have to pay teachers.

The proportion of teachers that are paid by the State is less in fee paying schools than in free schools.

All parents pay taxes and are entitled to a free secondary level place. They don’t take that, saving the State money.

It’s quite simple really.

The GGA is also played in many of these schools, as are lots of sports. Big deal.

1 Like

Did Fr Fehily come along later? He was a zealot

1 Like

Dont really want to add to this shit storm but just a few questions to inform the less erudite of us that try and keep up

• Did the govenment fund part or any of the failed bid to host the rugby “world Cup” in a country that hadn’t the facilities to host it? Can we get that money back?

• The govenment owned banks that screwed the country during the crash continued to sponsor three of the countrys professional teams. Is this nit state aid? Can we get that money back as well?

• The deal to re-build PUC with 30m government grant aid was great business by Cork GAA but who pressured the Government into doing this? Was it not under pressure by the rugby bid was going in without PUC was to make the bid more of a joke than it already was.

• Is it the magnitude of the 30M figure that is at issue or the point that no money should have been spent? Is the Curragh racecourse available to other sports? It get a shit load of grant aid. Dont talk t me about the greyhound crowd. They go through money faster than they go through slow greyhounds.

7 Likes

Last time I checked Belvo didn’t have a full time coach for the ping pong team.

1 Like

And?

1 Like

My taxes are subsiding Phil Warahiko.

1 Like

How?

They refused the family of a Local international footballer who dies from Cancer very young a Charity Match?
He played in PUC as a child.

Fuck history, it’s a game.

The family are Dinosuars?

Are you serious? @Fagan_ODowd is bitch slapping him around the place

1 Like

oh fuck, ooft

Oooft

in fairness, horse and dog racing don’t receive free money from the government. They get a levy that’s taken from betting. these sports exist primarily for the purpose of betting, so the rightly receive a cut. The government is basically acting as the collector/redistributor.

In most countries in the world the racecourses themselves get to keep the lions share of the money that is bet on their races. Oireland and UK are actually the oddball outliers on this, because they have legalised bookmakers. It’s also why oireland and the brits have some of the worst prize money in the world despite having some of the highest per capita gambling on racing. Check out average purses in Japan and HK and the US where the track gets to keep the handle. It’s also why you pay a tidy sum to get into a racecourse in ire and uk, where in other countries they practically let you in for free.

You’re comprehension skills are shit. After all those fees you paid. You should ask for your money back.

There’s some mistruths in that but I couldn’t be arsed getting sucked into this thread.

1 Like

Ah mate

8 Likes

…:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: