Cork weirdo/sicko thread

We are talking about the IFA here so? There are plenty of organizations historically were the same. How does this fit into your point?

Stick to an actual point.

Your point is invalid and stupid as it is outside of the FAIā€™s control. If the FAI could have their way, theyā€™d love a cross Europe league they could put teams into to compete. But there isnā€™t, it isnā€™t UEFAā€™a policy. They want domestic leagues.

Iā€™m proud of you anyway, it really was mad stuff to be spouting about a few lads chasing a ball around a pitch

Thinly vieled ā€œits the other lad is the bigot not usā€.
Ypu asked what could be done. I sugested thge amalgamation. For the betterment od soccer on the island its a no brainer i didnt suggesy the IFA should merge with th e FAI why not th e othger way around if its the sport that is the priority. Why dies it matter if the headquaters is in Belfast or Dublin IF its betterment of the sport.
If course the reason is that seats at FIFA will be lost. Personal will lose power and money. So power comes ahead of the actual sport.
If Martin McGuinness and Ian Paisley could do a deal them with the right vision the IFA and The FAI can do it. But is John Delaney prepared to give up ā‚¬300k. The fuck he is

Blah blah blah

That isnā€™t in their control, so come up with something realistic please.

You roll onto the 300k salary of Delaney then as if itā€™s relevant.

The IFA have stated no interest currently, so please come up with a practical solutions instead of this deflection.

No one gives a fuck about Irish soccer ā€“ just let it die.

Hey a 36 year old man a

Dont be giving my age away, Joe.

I would my dream of giving away your age bud

Clare will win.

Na

I think Delaney actually gets a salary of ā‚¬460k per annum and has an allowance of ā‚¬300 per day. FAI also choose to offer contracts to senior managers before they qualify for tournaments which is hardly a good ploy when you cant accurately forecast revenues. Roy Keane pockets 500k a year and Martin O Neill 1m. Indeed Martin O neill once earned 4 times what his northern namesake Michael O Neill earned a couple of years ago with Northern Ireland achieving more with less resources. Its no wonder the FAI dont have a pot to piss in.

2 Likes

Plough ahead as they are so. Shur everyone is happy.
The lads in the FAI are happy as long as their wages are paid and they can blame the lads in the North and the GAA for being bigots and Dinosaurs. You couldnt actually make it up

The FAI arenā€™t blaming anyone though are they, nobody talks about this in the media.

There is no discussion on stadium policy in this country.

Youā€™re desperately deflecting here. Here are the facts; the GGA has a rule in place based on bigotry. They can change.

Youā€™re are deflecting talking about some reunification of the Irish soccer sides, something that is not under the FAIā€™s control.

Soccer as a sport should be embarrassed that there are two teams. But such is life, there isnā€™t much they can do about it today.

Not one of the GGA zealots has uttered a single word of embarrassment about unsavory things from its history- the political control, the bigotry etc, some of the remnants of which exist today. There has also been limited acknowledgement of the absurd stadium policy in this county, of which I blame the State and all three field sports.

Instead weā€™ve had windmilling about John Delaneyā€™s salary, fee paying schools and Phil Waikato, toasting the Kingā€¦

For lads on here, it blows their minds to hear any outsider criticize the GGA. The reflex is to get all defensive with the above and go on about community, passion and amateurism, as if they are virtues only in existence in the GGA. Very telling.

1 Like

What am I deflecting? Ypu asked how soccer could be improved I gave you two examples. The island has 2 leagues. Both relatively poorly attended. They have twenty top tier teams between them. Why not combine.
If the FAI and IFA got together and made a joint bid to UEFA about joining leagues why couldnt it work?
I never mention a united Irish side that was you jumping to conclusions.

are you familiar with the history of Oireland?

how did the north achieve more?

I was wondering if you meant people on here when talking about zealots, but seeing as you do indeed clarify it is on here, then maybe you need to open your eyes more.

Plenty on here have said about the issues over white elephant stadia for different sports and how municipal stadia would be preferential. So that ā€œnot oneā€ is pretty much incorrect on that point.

you also want these Zealots, in this discussion, to express their embarrassment over the actions of the governing body in times when most of the people werent even born. Why? There is enough shite that the GAA do now that causes embarrassment or disdain that plenty of zealots comment on. Their fixtures scheduling, the preferential treatment of certain counties, the complete imbalance of funding to counties, the lack of understanding of what ordinary club members want and of course there is plenty of talk on the sky deal. I doubt any GAA supporter, or zealot as you seem to like to call them, thinks the GAA as an organisation are beyond criticism.

But why the need to hear someone, on a discussion about a charity game for a deceased soccer player, talk about embarrassment about the political arm of the GAA from 100 years ago or about a ban on foreign sports that ended nearly 50 years ago. I know very little of times when the ban was in place, I can only go on snippets on what my father did. He at one stage in his life was chairman of both the GAA club and the soccer club in our locality and was a founding member of the soccer club when it started in the early 70s. The ban didnt affect them that much other than they didnt have an organised league in rural areas, but the GAA team was in a similar position due to our location, so neither sport had any foothold and both to this day operate pretty much side by side with officers and players of the clubs.

Iā€™m sure plenty of people had hardship and hassle over the ban or the bigotry or whatever, and I understand the reasons why the GAA had the ban in the first place and it probably lasted way too long and on the flipside understand why people dont like the GAA or dont like the cliquey nature of it or forced to play something they didnt want to.

The ban was pretty much in defiance to the ban imposed on them during the British rule here. Its hard to differentiate between the history of Ireland and the impact of the GAA at the time. It doesnt excuse anything done politically, but 100 years on people shouldnt have to feel embarrassment over a time that is far removed from where we are now.

There are plenty of GAA zealots out there now severely criticising the GAA over their stance of this charity game. I would be very surprised if a proposal is not submitted and put through at the next congress.

The GAA has plenty of flaws, but also has a massive amount of positives, so you seem surprised, on one of the most cantankerous website fora out there that lads are getting defensive about lads coming in on their moral high ground looking at it from other sports point of view?

I play and am involved in GAA. Same with soccer. I think the GAA are totally wrong not to accommodate a one off occasion such as this. But I must be a zealot so because I dont feel embarrassment over things that happened long before I was born.

5 Likes

How can they do it if the other side doesnā€™t want to?

It is classic deflection.

Basically you donā€™t have a clue beyond wishful thinking but will still stick the boot into the FAI.

Meanwhile, you will defend the GGA to the hilt despite them being in total control of this bigoted rule.

1 Like

Why are they going to the trenches to defend and deflect the actions though?

Itā€™s all well and good to say ā€œitā€™s before our timeā€, but thereā€™s lads on here happy enough to go and defend it.

1 Like

but who though? a few lads on here who are discussing it or in general? Sure half the posters here are the same person and would fight amongst their own alternative personas. and as for the ones discussing it properly, I dont know, but I suppose its that there is no sport on here that is without its major flaws. however itā€™s a pretty common theme in Ireland for sports, soccer mainly, to play the woe is me card about how the big bad GAA take all the money and players that could be playing soccer. soccer was and still is in a shit heap here. Plenty of reasons for that, and arguably the GAA has a case for some of it, but the main reason it is or has been shite is due to terrible organisation and structures.

1 Like