Cork weirdo/sicko thread

Both shot. Two rifles found nearby. One may have shot the other. That’s the really baffling bit about it.

There were two firearms found in the field apparently - was it a double suicide then? Kill the son in his bedroom who had returned home with the wife/mother and then both turn the gun on themselves out in the field…?

Fucked up situation anyway, however it panned out.

or from a very cynical viewing, the two could have murdered each other to ensure payouts of life insurance for the mother

There were three legally held guns in the house, two rifles and a shotgun.

Would that be usually in a house in Ireland?

Standard in rural Ireland

I suppose they could easily have a gun each if they all went out shooting together?

Looked it up yesterday after hearing about this and I think about quarter of farmers said they had a gun in a recent survey

One of the sons was shot through the eye I believe. Take from that what you will.

I wonder if the Dad and one son stayed up all night drinking and then ambushed the other son in bed. That may explain the timeline as it seems a strange thing to do first thing in the morning. Not that there is not a strange time to do it.

1 Like

The mother/ wife is seriously ill, and may pass away soon (which is probably a small mercy for the poor woman now). Yes, the farm is hers and she left it to older son. The other two got in a scuffle with him and shot him (hasn’t been established yet whether they intended to or not). The mother fled to get help as the two boys realised what they did and decided they were going to end it up the fields.

We have a Victorian on the board.

1 Like

bizarre really

Ahh come on .

1 Like

I meant split between them that’s why I said ‘too’.
Are you telling me it’s common in cases where a daughter inherits a farm for the farm to remain solely in her name and not a joint ownership between her and the husband? Now I have absolutely no experience of this but I’d be very surprised if that was the case

I’m confused by the whole thing - I think it was the eldest son that had been shot in his bed, he had left the house altogether with his mother for a few weeks earlier because tensions were high and she had undergone surgery, they only returned Sunday evening. It also sounds as though it was actually the younger son was working the land. As far as I can make out the younger son shot the eldest in his bed and then fled - the father went after him, what his intentions were I don’t know. But when he caught up with him he was also shot and then the younger son turned the gun on himself.

150 acres in North cork would be a fine gael type of farm I would have thought

Only if they’re jointly purchased do they go into joint names.

thumb_proprietor-this-was-my-wife’s-father’s-place-originally-chigurh-you-60100797

So in those cases I outlined it would almost always remain in the wife’s name? Jeez there must be a fair bit of aggro over it where the fella is cunt to drink etc

The only times it would come up for discussion is divorce or death