Cork weirdo/sicko thread

I remember it well, Liverpool had an open training session up in Cork Con, it was incredible, my abiding memory was all the lads calling Dalglish ‘gaffer’, I assume fat the time that it was his nickname and told a few people so before my old fella put me right.

The Liverpool players legged it to the bus when he wrapped up the session

3 Likes

Answered before I got to you, my old man was chairman of the M.F.A. 70s this came up several times in conversation and on the echo etc etc, can’t be sold fir housing etc has to be a sports ground of some description , so planning fir one one block it and the owners in the states won’t let it happen either

1 Like

Million’s obviously ( tens of millions) but planning won’t ever let it be turned into housing etc

R U ok hun?

3 Likes

Thank you, football and all sports especially local bring life and families and indeed total strangers together, Foras is a great idea and helped us in the past,but our club ( and all loi clubs in my estimation) need to be run as a business and not by a group of well meaning but largely non business ppl, in the recent past Foras pushed the board regarding football matters much to CCFCs detriment,pushed for the sacking of our most successful manager( John C) let the board spend willy nilly, have ppl spending without co signatures on each cheque( 6/7 different accounts)
New owner was our only option.
The previous board( 4/5 years ago) declined Dermot Desmonds offer of investment ( same one rovers now have)
So really Foras and the board lost the run of themselves.
This is my private opinion, not a businessman by any stretch but love my club, LOI ( even rovers :+1:) have been attending Cork soccer venues for over 55 years and have made genuine friends from the Brandywell to Turners x , Galway Utd to St Pats and lots in between, my sons in Foras and several buddies so I’ve an insight into how it was run for years and will apply again myself this coming year , but as John Caulfield said after his sacking “ loi clubs inc Ccfc need to be run by and as a business “
I fully endorse this- know I’m a pain in the hole ref Cork at times but I honestly love all Cork GAA and soccer

5 Likes

1 Like

10 Likes

I’m sure everybody knows of a few of these.

Jesus Christ… :eek: Cringe

3 Likes

That explains the islands. To stop a direct line of attack from the knife drawer/block.

1 Like

Surely the case in urban Ireland also

They’re deadly

My favourite

2 Likes

Guys v talented

1 Like

Dynamite studio(S) on Twitter -o Gorman is the artists name

2 Likes

What have I just seen :no_mouth:

Superb :clap:

1 Like

@mickee321

2 Likes

Is that Cobh? That one is nice now alright.

The other stuff is incredible cringe.

It’s only a bit of fun,

This is my place, I might get one of these

3 Likes

I’d prefer the second one.

1 Like