Cork weirdo/sicko thread

They are all on yokes

@Batigol and @BruidheanChaorthainn would be in heaven thereā€¦ drinking away all day and running in and out of the bookies.

Thatā€™s Ireland of the 70s/ 80s Cork was fucked 3 out my class of 35/6 stayed at home all others emigrated

That was a hard watch.

1 Like

That would have been fairly standard in port cities in Britain and Ireland back then . Fishing ports and factories /print works / markets too . Early houses were grand in the main . Mostly men coming off shifts who felt like a pint or two . There were also people there who needed to be there which is sad .

A declining culture though

1 Like

I get that bit but itā€™s the lads in looking for work and nowhere to go. Some of them were young enough.

Ya . Cork took a savage hit in the 80s with Ford and Dunlop going

1 Like

Iā€™m not fully convinced the chef was due to have a job interview at 7am

7 Likes

My old man was in Dunlopā€™s never worked again, Gouldingā€™s fertiliser was another one that went

:clap::clap:

1 Like

Is the Dunlop Social club in Blackrock still going . I had a few drinks there near on 20 years ago after a match in PUC

1 Like

No, Dunlopā€™s closed well over ten years ago, it was a grand place for a drink, full size snooker table as well

1 Like

Gone my old man was on the committee of it,glad he didnā€™t live to see a lot of in house fighting over profits etc as they were all shareholders and the place was disk from under them

1 Like

Correct my old man bought me ( as he thought at the time ) my first murphys and a few games of snooker there

1 Like

Is that place still open and does it have an early licence? Early houses are considered rough nowadays.

I remember queues outside the mouse in limerick when I lived nearby. I would be onnthevway to work. Some heads

Early houses were the new student fad pre-Covid.

Pat Butler was a grand reporter

3 Likes

He was very shifty

1 Like

He was. Havenā€™t heard about him in years.