Cork weirdo/sicko thread

In fairness they produce a lot off soccer players. Kevin long, Idah, John Egan, your man kelleher at Liverpool too.

1 Like

Hourihane is Cork. Alan Browne too.

Egan and Long are both from Togher I think

1 Like

meyler too

He’s retired is he? Delaney got a good few caps as well. A lot of those lads started off in the Munster Senior League.

Limerick have punched below their population weight when it comes to EPL players. Think it’s just Finnan, John McGrath and Willie John Boland?

yeah - the conversion rate of talent to success for Limerick lads leaves a lot to be desired. Limerick produces top quality lads that don’t seem to make it, for whatever reason - maybe if certain clubs joined the Munster Senior League and pushed on - rather than competing with the same 3 or 4 clubs locally every year, the added competition would benefit them. The top 3 or 4 clubs in Limerick Junior would easily make the step up and be competitive in the MSL

Claiming Steve Finnan is a stretch. He was in England before he could kick a ball. Although he still came back to do medal presentations etc down in Janesboro - a nice chap

2 Likes

Lot of his cousins are still around. One of them will be on the county minor hurling team next year.

Willie John was a Clareman I believe,
who did he play schoolboys with @EstebanSexface, I’m almost certain i played against him in the Evans Cup

I played against Limerick City reserves and UL in the MSL @EstebanSexface, I’d say it was about 1996, short lived experiment, Killarney and Tralee Dynamoes also

Wasn’t Chris Hughton’s mother from Weston?

Is it still the case that the money on offer in the top Junior clubs is an obstacle to getting a strong team of local lads in one of the LOI leagues?

His family is from Kennedy Park - I think he played a bit with the 'Boro and Pike Rovers. I think he went over u-16 - was Evans cup u15?

Babs ya, a Bourke I think, originally in from Limerick county

1 Like

Speaking of Willie John Boland - he has a younger brother/half brother that was an absolute fucking headbanger back in the day. I dunno is he still around. He used to tog out with us down with the 'Boro and had all the talent in the World but they couldn’t manage him

Egans Bishopstown

posh cunt

1 Like

Not really I’m also Bishopstown uam var originally, wish to fuck I still was

1 Like

:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

how is she better than Delaney?

dont think you can vote for simpletons

was he? I mean, was he really, he held back that utd team