Cork weirdo/sicko thread

HUPTHEYARD surely

1 Like

@myboyblue the PRO of Crettyard

In Evan we trust

Could we get this thread back on topic please?

1 Like

9 Likes

I see the cork council are looking to close the marina market down.

The only reason many people go in to the City at all any more. Stupid cunts

3 Likes

Ah ffs its a fantastic place. They have done some job renovating it and improving over the last few years.

Great for what take away do you fancy? We go down there and no need for a disagreement. Spoilt for choice

1 Like

Yeah, a lovely afternoon or evening out with all the family and dog friendly.

An unbelievably stupid decision

2 Likes

Cork city and planning sure, youā€™d call it a joke if it wasnā€™t so fucking tragic how shite they are.

The crowd who own the Marina market are planning to buy Douglas Shopping Center I saw on The Examiner.

1 Like

Great for families, often litle events that are on. Herself would love to bring her dogs down but they wont go on the car or be socialable enough. Loads of dogs. Genuinely one of the best things about cork city

3 Likes

Thereā€™s already 10k after signing a petition to keep it open. The planners have said it would increase pedestrians and cyclists beyond historic levels on the quay so have to deny planning to keep the market.

If i was being cyncial Iā€™d say there is a big buyer lined up for the property on the quays

4 Likes

Isnt that big plant next to it up for a massice redevelopment? On the quay

I havenā€™t a notion kid

Cork City Council and Port of Cork reach 'agreement in principle' on future sale of city quays.

1 Like

Itā€™s beside a factory/company who deals with chemicals. Itā€™s a fire hazard. So Iā€™ve been told.

1 Like

Tony o Donghue

Yes they are complete neanderthals

So Is half Cork :grinning:

2 Likes

Absolute joke. Iā€™d imagine there is intense lobbying going on by the hospitality businesses in the city centre who are losing a lot of trade to the place.

There are a few things need work there tbf, he opened it under cover of Covid Iā€™d say there is loads of ancillary issues with the place like the volume of traffic it brings down the Quay there in the back of the place is nuts, there has already been one tragic accident there and multiple cyclists nearly killed with people turning across the cycle lane. No idea if he is paying proper rates there or anything or even if he got any proper planning permissionā€¦

But it is a brilliant tourist attraction and they should be looking for ways to keep it open not fucking close it.

I was in a similar set up in Amsterdam during the summer and it wasnā€™t a patch on the marina market

5 Likes