Cork weirdo/sicko thread

I find it strange that a crowd of cork lads set up this fund raising event knowing they only had a field that could accomodate 7000 ticket sales.
Its not cork gaa’s fault that these people got a bit carried away.
It could have been held in Lansdowne road, or in Man United’s pitch, or Glasgow Celtics and theyd have made a serious pay day for the man’s family.

looks to me they just wanted the event in cork though, at any cost. And now the GAA are the bad guys. It’s gas. Cork people are very strange.

5 Likes

Personally I think the whole storm in a tea cup was generated just to raise publicity for the event. And it has worked perfectly. I’m not sure that they are serious in wanting 10,000 people rattling around in a 40,000 seater stadium looking at a pitch in the distance for this event.

He was a great hurling man as well.

Was going to sell out in turners cross regardless and the dinner was sold out ages back. Definitely has been stirred up big time but dont think its by the organisers. Michael o Flynn is key man in organising it and hes on stadium committee of PUC as well so if hed wanted PUC hed have ample opportunity to raise it and wouldnt be interested in creating a shitstorm for cork gaa either

Was he related to the O Halpins ?

Have the organisers even approached Cork GAA to request use of their facility or is this just another social media frenzy whipped up by people anxious to have their voice heard on a matter they know nothing about?

3 Likes

As i mentioned above the main organiser of the Miller game is on the management committee of stadium so im sure it was investigated

Some of the money is also going to CCFC women’s and youth teams on request of family

2 Likes

Him being involved smells of a goodwill campaign.

Leaves a sour taste for me

The Lord mayor was the one who blew this open

Ok, guys, the focus here should be on the bigoted rules of the freeloading gga

Being involved in what?

This Liam miller gig.

He ain’t doing it for anything only himself and trying trying repair some of trying he local damage done to his reputation thru recession and after

An absolute scumbag

1 Like

Harsh. Is his family home not next door to Millars?

Harsh?

There are people in the grave from that cunt

MOF does nothing that is not for MOF

2 Likes

From experience he has a falling out with everyone in the end. The sense of self entitlement is through the charts as well.

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/443412715863468/posts/962174637320604/

Park head would have been the place to have this game. They would have all gotten behind it and made plenty of money for everyone involved.

I hate the GGA and @anon61956325 as much as the next man but he’s on the money here.

Peter Mernagh Chairman of the Monageer gaa comes across as an awful attention seeking halfwit.

6 Likes