Cork weirdo/sicko thread

The backtrack begins

1 Like

That was some deal the GAA negotiated getting £30m for a provincial venue in Cork with no strings attached. John Delaney isn’t at the races when it comes to sports administration.

Whst happened in Monageer before? Some kinda murder/suicide thing was it?

He’s not asleep when it comes to negotiating his salary tho.

Yeah

First google result for Monageer :pensive:

There were strings attached

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs9o6DqV4W0

Delaney’s salary is what it is. It is over the top but it is not the reason that the FAI don’t have good stadiums in Ireland.

Nor is blazers travelling first class for years.

It is because no other sporting organization in Ireland has had the competition they have had for decades from England. Both rugby football and soccer suffered serious discrimination from the Irish State for years, but at least rugby football had the upper classes and amateurism for years so they could build up facilities. Soccer was treated like dirt in this country. That’s a fact.

2 Likes

Sure the time pat Hickey stepped down for the ticket scandal. John dealeny was mentioned as a name to replace him. I mean are we that Fucking stuck you’d hand a serious job to that Fucking clown. It’s baffling.

1 Like

I was personally disgusted that so many bent over to kiss the GGA’s behind over opening Croke Park.

It was a stadium which received millions in public funding and an organization bribed to stop other sports having a better facility themselves earlier.

It was an organization that claimed to not be political, but was that very thing for years, keeping Ireland in the slow lane for years.

And yet we were supposed to kiss the feet of these bigots. The Irish State and media encouraged this, despite years earlier the GGA treating the President of the state like dirt.

Moreover, they were paid millions to do it. It wasn’t charity. It was simply asking for bigots to stop being bigots.

John Delaney was bang on the money that time.

1 Like
1 Like

yes,
that came up in discussion last night also amoungst a few lads i know,
i would presume its going to charity

GAA have really back tracked this year.

Now public opinion could change many things.

The CPA need to cause some hassle thru twitter

1 Like

Common sense prevails, awful carry on from Cork county board in the first place though.

1 Like

What a day. This is up there with the same sex marriage referendum- a day we matured as a nation.

1 Like
1 Like

This is like the time the gooch got shit loads of abuse for having a testimonial dinner (Inc charitable donation) except the gooch earned fuck all from his sport.

1 Like

Robert Emmet and HBV playing a blinder here. The fact is that the soccer fraternity are the most heinous group of cunts in the country. They don’t support their own game at home and instead support soccerball teams playing with mostly imported soccerball players in a league run and controlled by foreign businessmen. You couldn’t make it up. Robert is right, the rubby family have played them like a fiddle for years.

However, I’m going to propose a solution (unusually for me). Change the name of the event to one of fundraising for a cancer charity. The family will be entitled to a cut although I would question how badly off a family of a professional soccerball player is, especially one that played in the premiership league. The GAA would charge a fee for the rent of its stadium and promptly donate this to the agreed charity or indeed one of the GAA’s own choice, a non sporting one. However, if any of the money raised is to go to a wimmins soccerball club, it should be revoked. The GAA is not there to raise any money for wimmins soccerball. They should then get rid of attention seeking developer cunts like Flynn and tell the soccerball fraternity that they need not come looking again. This is a once-off.