Coronavirus - Close the Airports

@artfoley

4 Likes

Hoolahoop is going to take the country via a military coup and become a dictator.

Sorry, a Doctator.

2 Likes

Hopefully we get credit for time served when our time comes to meet our maker and we have to spend some time in purgatory.

1 Like

Stay safe buddy. I’m disengaging from lockdown restrictions on May 5th and I hope you join me. Herd immunity is the answer once ICU and testing is where it needs to be.

4 Likes

At least Trump is thinking outside the box.

Germans have announced a cut in their VAT rate for restaraunts, hotels, bars and other areas of hospitality to 7%. Not sure if it covers other services.
I think in Ireland it was 9% for a time before it was increased back up to 13.5%. Even newspapers benefited from the lower rate. Expect an announcement from our dept of Finance on Monday of new VAT proposals.

Currently 13.5% for restaurants, 23% for pubs.
Maybe Merkel has given Leo the thumbs up, he wouldn’t announce boo(cc Simon Harris) otherwise

1 Like

Should we be against a cut in VAT?

Depends on who you represent

No I think at 23% it’s far too high. We were 21% for years. I think Luxembourg are the lowest in EU at 17.5% standard rate and as a result companies have set up billing entities in Luxembourg to be more price competitive. And also to avail of complex VAT triangularisation methods. Most US states have very low sales tax. I think Tennesse is the highest at around 10%. We need to be pitching it a bit lower and hopefully inject a bit of stimulus into the economy.

2 Likes

If it remains at 23% while we are in recovery mode the massive job losses the Govt are doing their best to prevent will be unavoidable. It needs to be realistic, Pascal has said as much himself. We will have to borrow at 0% interest but so will everyone else, it’s the only way to ensure the difference between a recession and a full on depression that lasts a decade

1 Like

We’ll pay it one way or another kid

1 Like

Any industry selling alcohol should not be seeing a reduction in rates. Should increase if anything.

Our new dystopian mask wearing world will be violet

https://news.columbia.edu/ultraviolet-technology-virus-covid-19-UV-light

:joy: you were smoking joints yesterday and are now moaning about tax breaks for pubs :grin:

2 Likes

Russia is fucked

I don’t smoke bro.

Have a nice day watching the grass grow.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ui_maine/status/1253613955983052800?s=21

Open the sunbeds

37 deaths

577 cases