Coronavirus - Close the Airports

Yes when compared to other Western European countries with a similar climate, lifestyle and population density

The lockdown was extended to end of April last week. No indication beyond that. They reckon the peak here comes last week of April. I’d say mid May relaxation the earliest.

1 Like

I’ll ignore that for the sake of this argument

12 Likes

:joy:

Like?

Sound

2 Likes

Are we all set for the Christmas lads?

Rebrand on the way here shortly. Less than a week since TSG announced we had licked it.

Four more deaths, and fourteen more cases in the home. Staff trying to separate the positive and negative residents into different parts of the building. Some residents who aren’t sentient enough to realise what’s happening, along with those who do but can’t be visited by their own families to say their goodbyes in the worst-case scenario. Nightmarish stuff.

Christ

All the stats are somewhat meaningless for the reasons mentioned above. There is no standard to how items are counted(be they confirmed cases, tests or deaths) country to country and as such numbers are overstated and understated in ways that range from casual mistakes, honest oversights and downright sinister misinformation. The stats site is worthwhile as a loose broad view of how things are but if you’re trying to meaningfully compare anything country to country you’re pissing into the wind.

6 Likes

It looks like you’ve sorted by Total Cases there chief. I believe TSG was discussing Deaths per population.

• we’ve licked this
  • it’s on the wane
  • open up churches & parks
  • we need to end lockdown
  • mental health issues
1 Like

3rd column from the end

The UK

Something amiss here lads. The wife and kids brought me in a bit of breakfast in the bed there. I either need to get them tested or check the bank. Possibly both

4 Likes

Have to admire him😂

1 Like

According to that, Ireland has the 13th highest death rate and that’s including the skew factors of Andorra, San Marino & St. Martin.

So worse than the USA? Wow, wasn’t expecting that.

Ah I don’t know boss. My head is wrecked from it. The cancer at least was a distraction

Are you allowed a shnakey Jameson yet?