Coronavirus - Close the Airports

And you’re crying and whingeing about lads crying and whingeing, such is life

I see the Iona Institute are bashing the bishops for not demanding an earlier resumption of church services.

All the lads who would have been in the GPO in 1916 hiding under their beds afraid to “break the rules”

1 Like

They’re figuring it out for themselves. They’ll be out soon.

Those Headbangers would be as well off bashing their own bishops and getting rid of all the pent up tension that is clearly affecting their rationale

The hardchaws/manly folk are the ones out flouting the guidelines is the message here??

Are you backing the current medical junta?

2 Likes

It’s funny to see how lads actually react and not how they say/wish they would react in a given situation.

Lads strictly toeing the line to completely arbitrary rules. 5km. Not 6km. Meet to play golf but not meet to kick a ball.

I was in favour of the lockdown when brought in but the rules around outdoors activity and what can be done indoors with PPE is inconsistent.

The failure to mandate mask wearing is staggering.

We are already confirmed WFH until sept 1st at the earliest

I’m only going back into the office if they agree to facilitate my afternoon nap.

2 Likes

Same would have happened over a few weeks of hols anyway. Creche lady told me before kids have no loyalty and shes right

1 Like

Important to have daughters, they’ll always look after their daddy… Sons will wander afar and only return to eat.

3 Likes

Number of fatalities suggest neither the HSE or govt did a good job. I had an appointment yesterday and the nurse said they had over 40 people to see in the afternoon on the first day of out-patients. She hoped most wouldn’t turn up because they were only allowed ten in the waiting room at one time. My reading of it is that they made no adjustments to the numbers for the out patient clinic. No reduced numbers for at risk patients. If you think the HSE are doing a good job then the PR is working. Most doctors and nurses are likely tearing their hair out at the HSE’s incompetence. If you don’t believe border controls would make a difference compare our stats with countries that did have border controls.

1 Like

No need to scrutinise the post, it was just a vehicle to have a go at golfers really.

2 Likes

And the private hospitals sitting idle, while we pay a small fortune for them

Stop paying and see how much loyalty Creche’s have

3 Likes

I just don’t understand the implication of the post i replied to, i understand that most of the edgy posters here are in the OIUTF camp but is there some feeling that it’s less than manly to follow the guidelines which have been set out, that’s all i can take from the comparison with 1916?

It was pointing out that people tend to do what they are told unquestioningly. Even rastoolers who like to think they would have been in the GPO.

The lockdown is a fascinating insight into how compliant people actually are. Lads who say they would have railed up against the Catholic Church I the 60s in Ireland or Nazism in the 30s would not have. It’s fascinating to watch.

1 Like

Cork kids though. Shure they stabbed Collins in the back*

*by shooting him in the head.

1 Like

La Jolla Institute for Immunology

Summary:

A new study documents a robust antiviral immune response to SARS-CoV-2 in a group of 20 adults who had recovered from COVID-19. The findings show that the body’s immune system is able to recognize SARS-CoV-2 in many ways, dispelling fears that the virus may elude ongoing efforts to create an effective vaccine.