Coronavirus - Close the Airports

I assume it’ll be a press release on days with no press conference. Basically what they’re doing at the weekends.

1 Like

It’ll be like the six one news in August. Half arsed and an episode of reeling in the years afterwards

Good news and bad news

McDonald’s has announced that all of its drive-thru restaurants in Ireland will re-open on 4 June.

It said with smaller teams working there will only be a limited menu and ask customers to make contactless payments if possible and limit the spend to €30.

Some nonsense

Is it now likely that stage 2 and 3 will now be merged and stage 4 and 5 also?

I can’t wait until the whole of TFK are free to travel and visit @Horsebox’s Mammy

OIUABMTF

2 Likes

This accompanied by the many reports we had that it was here long before first thought lead me to think it actually takes a good long while to achieve any sort of critical mass. And that was during winter. No way that will be repeated at present with social distancing and the summer weather. Open it up Ta FUCK! (I’d like the kids to go back to school for a few weeks before I mind them for the summer!)

4 Likes

I’m convinced we’re over the worst now lads. a few more weeks of discipline will see us through.

I will make my first long distance non-essential journey in about 2 and a half weeks.

2 Likes

Who is booking foreign holidays ?

Flights for end of August to Spain look to be holding up price wise

1 Like

Let’s have 1 summer of reduced air travel

7 Likes

Not me. I’m giving myself an extra year to go back to normal. I don’t like people and particularly dislike large groupings of people.

1 Like

Or maybe a quota per person/family. So if you get a round trip to Brisbane I get 10/12 return trips to Europe maybe.

2 Likes

I will not be making my essential trip to Bris Vegas this year even though I have been carbon offsetting every month

1 Like

I’m going to California at thanksgiving.

3 Likes

Mossy earth is a great site to offset

Considering it… Why do you think flights for end of July are so cheap with Aer lingus and not Ryanair? Aer lingus half the price, or at least they were on monday…usually other way round…

1 Like

@The_Selfish_Cummins

Not sure. Is change/cancellation policy different. With Aer Lingus you can book a dearer fare and change as much as you want for free.

I’ve planted a few fruit bushes as my offset pal.