Coronavirus - Close the Airports

The fight will never be over according to the whipped muppets in Ireland. Lock it down for ever. Wait till there’s a cure for cancer too

Pubs aren’t opening any time soon… Most people are keeping their distance from others and everyone except Italians are washing their hands… People are not suddenly gonna start having orgies but they should be allowed travel , especially to holiday homes and beaches… Hairdressers and the likes should be allowed open… The economic fallout will be worse than the pandemic.

I don’t think they’d be anymore affected than remaining in a prolonged lockdown.

I genuinely think a lot of the damage has been done in that regard already anyway, unfortunately, but allowing people see family or friends more than 5k away would be a massive help

My problem is the phases are too long, make very little sense and contain things like the 5km rule, which serves no purpose whatsoever (correct me if I’m wrong on that).

The economic fallout is a consequence of the pandemic and not the restrictions

There’ll be a massive burden on business once sectors reopen. Only very healthy ones will survive no matter when they reopen.

It isn’t a matter of flicking a switch

I see no sense in the 5km rule. It baffles me. But there isn’t an extended lockdown. There is a phased plan to reopen.

It may be accelerated if it is deemed safe to do so.

What else in the phased plan to do you disagree with?

They’re stalling the reopening of many businesses for no reason. They’re decimating the country.

2 Likes

It’s bananas. Arbitrary. Mental.

The fact that some businesses can’t open, regardless of what measures they put in place

Economic fallouts kill people and can ruin a whole generation.

Why?

I assumed the 2k/5k rule was designed to contain the virus, as in the closer you were to home breeding the virus the less people you could infect, and those you did infect would be in your own locality,
Also to prevent people from flocking to the same places on days like this where half of Limerick would be in Ballybunion and the other half in Kilkee, there’s logic to that I think.

I’d like a swifter run through the phases now though in certain cases, I’m sure everybody would, the success and low infection rates associated with supermarkets would seem to imply that shops are safe if well managed, a lot of thought will need to be it into schools and it could be the most difficult step.

3 Likes

I actually knew this woman.She only looked about 50.She was in the ICU for 66 days most of it in a coma.Id safety say one of the nicest people I ever met.

6 Likes

Id her know one of her sons a little. He’s a sound lad. I’d no idea she was even sick until I saw the video.

Okay

:joy:

Symptoms explained, it’s the blood vessels stoopid
https://elemental.medium.com/coronavirus-may-be-a-blood-vessel-disease-which-explains-everything-2c4032481ab2

Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything

Many of the infection’s bizarre symptoms have one thing in common

Dana G Smith

Dana G Smith

Follow

May 29 · 8 min read

Image: MR.Cole_Photographer/Getty Images

InApril, blood clots emerged as one of the many mysterious symptoms attributed to Covid-19, a disease that had initially been thought to largely affect the lungs in the form of pneumonia. Quickly after came reports of young people dying due to coronavirus-related strokes. Next it was Covid toes — painful red or purple digits.

What do all of these symptoms have in common? An impairment in blood circulation. Add in the fact that 40% of deaths from Covid-19 are related to cardiovascular complications, and the disease starts to look like a vascular infection instead of a purely respiratory one.

Oh right, thanks science - it may be. Well that’s that then.

3 Likes

9 deaths

59 cases

Why isn’t god intervening and stopping all this death and misery? Does he not have the power? Or is it a case of having the power but not the will? What kind of God is looking in at this at all?

The same God that stood idly by when his “chosen people” were being wiped off the face of the earth (twice actually, the first time by the Romans, more recently by the Nazis).