Coronavirus - Close the Airports

I haven’t applied for the payment because I don’t need it, yet. My business is going down the shitter because it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to travel for a while.

I’ll get on though. I’ll find something else.

I think the lockdown was the right approach

3 Likes

Your medal is in the post @EstebanSexface

1 Like

That’s just the truth my man. I’m not looking for kudos.

I’m unaffected directly by the virus. All my family and friends are healthy.

That’s the only medal I need

4 Likes

Glad to hear that e pal

This thing will be dead by September. There should be no excuse for not reopening the schools in the early fall.

Have you ever considered going full-time on TFK?

Im giving this a Kudos

2 Likes

Rocko couldn’t afford me

A few quid into the paw could supplement the €350 nicely. Sleep on it at least.

My own fella 1st year doing his masters for secondary school teaching was in my daughters school (we won’t go there as he ended up teaching her at times🤦‍♂️) doing his placement (supposedly unpaid) but ended up subbing for teachers that were out sick, gone to matches etc and got supervision as well etc. Anyway come the end of February he had earned nearly €3k gross on his second eight week placement since January before he was due back to Galway for lectures. Cue the crisis and he applied for the COVID payment and he on the €350 a week since early April🤔. Should be on zero and readily admits it himself.

1 Like

His placement is unpaid. He got paid for doing some cover such as when teachers have sick certs etc.

Deputy Principals who look after S and S, give paid cover to PMEs where possible. That’s a nice thing to do as the cost of PME is quite prohibitive for most and every € helps.

3 Likes

He’s entitled to that payment

Honestly, when or if I’m ever 80 odd, and in poor health anyway, I’d like to think I’d not want the younger generation to have their lives utterly screwed just so I have a slightly better chance of ekeing out a few more failing years.

6 Likes

That’s good of you old man.

I think a lot of people think that when they are younger but think differently about it as they get older.

10 Likes

Who wants to live to be a hundred? The man who’s 99

1 Like

You said it bro.

1 Like

@horsebox can go see his Ma!!!