Coronavirus - Close the Airports

Greyhound racing isn’t operated by the HSE.

The Barney curleys not happy because they couldn’t go to dingle for a few weeks. Ye have all summer to go there.

Good question. I’m sure it’s more difficult to do the cervical checking but it’s obviously way more important.

1 Like

Lobbying I assume.

What sort of hold has this Mickey Mouse sport for over the government.

18 million a year?

What’s that mate?

What we fund the sport

dAfUq!!! :eek:

Fucking disgrace.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/debate/dail/2019-02-06/30/#:~:text=It%20has%20always%20been%20difficult,with%20300%20people%20directly%20employed.

16.8 million.
It generates 300 million for local economies.

Is there a breakdown of that 300m available?

300million?

Dog food & veterinary bills? It’s a past time in reality which has no business getting that funding considering the way some animals are treated.

I’ve no problem with people training dogs or coursing but it’s a past time. No more or less.

1 Like

Unfortunately not.

I‘d say you could get 4 million people on this island who despise Greyhound Racing and would want rid of it

Theres a lot of lads who’s only source of income is training and breeding dogs.

How much money is brought into Clonmel every year for the Derby? How many stalls etc. Its not insignificant anyway.

It’s a niche sport. 100%. But it’s a link to old ways.

This green cunt could have used any example versus cervical screening but he chose the dogs.

He is also anti gaa. Horse racing, pretty much anti rural Ireland. As long as he gets a segregated bike line.

Surely if it generates 300 million it could be self-sufficient?

That’s for local economies. It’s not profitable in and of itself I’d imagine. Indirect money that goes outside of the industry.

Every sporting body receives funding.

Informative

Think of heading to a match in Thurles. The ticket costs 40 quid say.

You’d spend 20 on the train up and back
Maybe a tonne on food and drink before and after.

A big match is worth a fortune to the local economy.

40k people attend clonmel for example, a lot of them would stay local and spend a good bit of money around the place.

2 Likes