Coronavirus - Close the Airports

Not all old ways are good ways. It’s a waste of money and should be cut.

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.igb.ie/globalassets/power-report-2018/power-report---the-economic--financial-significance-of-the-irish-greyhound-industry---november-2017.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjJktjIle3pAhUHSxUIHTrgBYAQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1qDewL6lOSnTaGYwNhB2nD

Some bit of a breakdown of the monies.

Why are stadiums closing

Why are gaa attendances dropping? Should we cut funding to that too?

It obviously needs reform and a scaling back. Just saying to stop it is very facetious

It’s a dying activity, it shouldn’t be propped up for a small few. Let it be scaled down and survive on its own. Another avenue for gambling and little more.

Would you say theres more gambled on the GAA or the dogs mate?

The GAA is a far larger activity. But I agree. Let’s ban gambling on GAA.

I’d happily like to see gambling banned for all sports.

An on course tote or parimutuel system at dog tracks or racing tracks would be sufficient to fund the track/course itself

Is bookmaking still illegal in most of the USA?

Ah sure look you are dealing with a fella who supposedly has children and still smokes.

3 Likes

We have a consensus. I can’t believe grown men with families would gamble in this day and age.

I feel I’m the conduit for someone elses argument here. I’m out lads.

1 Like

Stop being obtuse.

You’re not comparing apples with apples.

For his kids 12th birthdays he’ll give them a log in to this place so they can spend more time together.

7 Likes

Maybe the keys to your head too?

I find that hard to believe

Yea

Well then by that logic the league of Ireland should be scrapped.

Huh?

I’ve no interest in grey hounds But when you see the figures being spent on spoofers of coaches and trainers in the gaa I don’t see why the government should give them funding. Jerry kiernan was very good On the topic before.

1 Like

Greyhounds should be banned