Coronavirus - Close the Airports

I’ve been saying it for weeks now. Not a hope there is inter county this year. I really hope I’m wrong but I just can’t see a scenario where it happens.

1 Like

Buy that man a blaa on me!

A few months ago i took the lew-as in and had to hold on to a pole for a majority of it. There was an inordinate amount of skangers on so it occurred to me to smell my hand after i got off. itd be cleaner out of a sewer.

A disgusting deplorable habit.

There’ll be inter-county this year

1 Like

Them O Neills shorts are an absolute joke alright

Some roley poley acting the wanker down in Clare according to the RTE news.

Much more likely there’ll be inter county stuff than club stuff imo

A lot of people in nursing homes would not be brought to an ICU in any circumstances Covid notwithstanding. Chances of recovery are slim and cure often worse than the cause. Grim thought I know

1 Like

100%, the doomsday merchants will tire themselves out soon enough and the rest of us can go back to life again

#openthepubs

Rumours that the kilmacud sevens will double as the all ireland championship

1 Like

Nah. Not unless by some miracle we get some kind of vaccine. Trying to curtail attendances at an inter county championship match would be like pissing into a volcano hoping it will cool the lava. You have at least some chance at a club match.

1 Like

That may account for some cases but I imagine it doesn’t account for a hell of a lot of other cases.

Plus an awful lot of elderly might just refuse point blank to move to hospital

2 Likes

no sport of any type should take place this year, it would be grossly irresponsible

Agreed. Most would have discussed do not resuscitate decisions when they went into the NH. Apparently being intubated is a massively traumatic experience

1 Like

A huge amount have dementia and end up dying of pneumonia or respiratory failure. Unfortunately I’ve experienced this a few times with aunts and the MIL who was in a nursing home for 4 years. An awful way to go not knowing your nearest and dearest and just waiting to die.

3 Likes

Is it possible the countries worst hit uk/Italy/USA will be back to normal much quicker than the likes of us or New Zealand as they’ll achieve herd immunity much quicker?

Nobody knows

1 Like

What do you think?