Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

I’ve an appointment for a test for myself and the little lad at a drive thru test centre on Tuesday evening

22 Likes

Godspeed

1 Like

Fair play thats a good idea

Impossible to stay 2 metres away from others on the prom. Sure it’s been black with people all week. I’d definitely be looking for a quieter walking spot.

If the tests are taking a week or so what’s the point? People are or should be self isolating in the meantime anyway. I know resources are stretched but the testing seems to be a massive failure in terms of efficiency.

1 Like

It’s time now to bring in stricter measures. Discipline is gone. I went down the village there and had to turn back. Theres too many people

Two deaths here today a 37 and a 43 year old. One of them worked in a playschool so a hundred kids and families have to be quarantined.

Fucking hell. Had they underlying conditions?

Where s that balbec, kilmallock?

1 Like

Nearly 800 infected in Lux and 8 dead. Update from dept of health just now saying that neighbouring countries are critical but we are ready.
14.5 mil of medical supplies to arrive from China on Monday.

Advice is for people not to get tested unless they show symptoms and that there are enough tests for a month.

1 Like

Just drove over the n68 towards Ennis from West Clare, there is cars in there hundreds heading towards kilkee, as busy as any summer bank holiday. Vast majority Dublin and limerick registrations. I fear for the local residents.

Eh is Clare not riddled? Didn’t they have Dr ski who came home and saw a load of patients?

Image for:

Speaking earlier on RTÉ’s This Week, Chief Medical Officer at the Department of Health Dr Tony Holohan said there are “encouraging signs” that measures introduced to slow the spread of Covid-19 could be working.

Dr Holohan said that most or all of the cases diagnosed today will have been exposed to the virus before the measures were brought in a little over 7 days ago.

He said that public health doctors who are carrying out contact tracing are reporting that the majority of contacts now being identified are “mostly household contacts”.

He said that this tells us people are following guidance, they’re not out and about and contacting significant numbers of people.

“That’s giving us good encouragement that we might see an impact over the next one to two weeks,” he said.

1 Like

No mate, Dublin, limerick and cork are riddled. Clare along with a number of other counties, have fared reasonably well so far considering it was amongst the first cases.

They’ve closed off the prom in Lahinch now

Sensible. There seemed to a fair number heading along the ring road for lahinch also.

Best of luck chief

This crisis will highlight a lot of the fuckbrains amongst us.

1 Like