Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

Ya I’d be in client to agree. I can only talk from my own experiences but if you mentioned to my uncle About going back to his home he’d say no. He’s blessed I guess as his nursing home isn’t far from his home place so his neighbours and that can still call to see him. He enjoys the chat and a bit of craic too so it suits him.

I thought 350 quid net was the equivalent of 38k gross? Or did I read that wrong?

You’re confusing that with the Government Wage Subsidy Scheme.

For someone on 38k gross the net would be 589 a week.

The government will subsidise 70% of that or approx 410 euro.

1 Like

Bringing someone away from their home to one of those places, knowing they’ll never again go back is a tough day

3 Likes

I have no idea if your either very very bad at maths or if you are making a point towards someone

3 Likes

According to an article in ‘The Lance it’:
It’s partly down to diet and natural selection. The Scandinavian is ating handfuls of vitamin d supplements over the winter months, and hes getting plenty of oily fish. And he’s predispositioned to absorb even more vitamin d via uv radiation (or from “big um yellow thing um sky”, as ryan mcmenamin calls it)
Put a darker complexioned southern European in lockdown and he’s vitamin d deficient within days.
Plus Vikings are notoriously hard - fjords are very draughty and they barely even notice.

2 Likes

What about northern Italy which gets pretty cold during the winter ? Albeit not dark and isn’t the Mediterranean diet supposed to be the healthiest …

Think Nurses are near €38k basic after a year and a bit in the job…

About 32k basic after 2 years post qualification

1 Like

Presume they are like the cops and they get allowances foe night shifts, weekend, uniform allowance?

Depends I suppose. If you do a speciality masters in something you get allowances alright. Not sure do you get an allowance for nights or not. Probably do

2 Likes

The retirement home in Coronation Street that Norris Cole and Ken Barlow live in seems like a grand place.

2 Likes

Mary Lou would sort out everything out, so she would

Jaysus is that in today’s Times?

She’s shot her load early with that one.

Yeah today’s
Seems very soon to be taking that approach alright

That Red C poll last week must have spooked her good and proper.

1 Like

You should have abused your power and abused him @Batigol

1 Like

Scarlet for her

Cc @Thomas_Brady

Look it’s a nor.al routing cargo flight. Dont make a big fan fair about it especially when there has been no QC checks on product made in China.

Theres some cowboys making a fortune out of this PPE crisis

she should hire a PR team and charge the state for it.