Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

The point is the sooner you bring it in the better the chance of it ending earlier.

None of these measures are ā€œsustainableā€ in the long run. They are emergency measures. But of something is an emergency, you might as well throw everything you have at it rather than being half assed.

3 Likes

Source?

Itā€™s a bit guessy though

Scomo would be like trump and Boris

Qld arenā€™t fucked yet but havenā€™t being taking it seriously up to now

Corona could be lethal to right wing politics as well hopefully

1 Like

The fuck would I make up a figure for? :man_shrugging:t2:

Fuck that. I got a shiny new sheā€™d a couple of weeks back. Im moving the 65inch and an armchair in there

I donā€™t know the answer to that but all of them will be in use for this crisis. Most people have insurance whether through work or the government. Hard to know what will happens with insurance companies, depends on how bad it gets I suppose. The federal and state governments are paying for most of the added capacity.

See thatā€™s the kicker.

Full lockdown absolutely does not mean it will end earlier. It will mean the curve is flattened.

If we go into full lockdown, it will be very hard to come out of it. People will be fatigued, you cant relax measures and expect people to go out responsibly.

2 Likes

Thanks mate.

Weā€™ll figure this out between the two of us mate

1 Like

The articles of faith of right-wing politics have been hoplessly exposed by this crisis.

Big government is back, and rightly so.

1 Like

The key stat is on what day were todayā€™s results, tests carried out?

It could also mean the second wave (if we get one) is more likely and much worse, when people are already fed up of the measures that have been taken. Anyone talking in absolutes about this are actually guessing.

:clap::clap::clap:

Queenslanders, traditionally, do not wash their hands.

7 Likes

Everybody is guessing.

We wont know absolutes for probably a year or two after this absolute cunt of a thing fucks off.

You have a better chance.

Full lockdown will have to come in anyway.

People are going to be fatigued at the end of this whatever happens. Thereā€™s no way around it.

The more people die, the more everybody else will be fatigued.

The two weeks or whatever that full lockdown has been/will be avoided before it inevitably comes in anyway is not going to make a huge pile of difference to the economy. Neither do I think it will make a huge pile of difference to peopleā€™s psyche.

We donā€™t know when this ends. The two weeks or so putting off the inevitable will likely be a drop in the ocean by the end of it but it could end up costing a significant human toll.