Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

If you check back this thread started about the nhs workers getting a round of applause tonight and it was said they’d rather PPE

You reckon they’re hoarding them still?

NHS? Are you mentally ok,

I don’t.

So we’re still no further then

I’m not making the argument.

I agree that the construction sites should be closed though

But not because of PPE’s.

No because it’s a disgrace. Either it’s safe to work in large numbers or it isn’t.

2 Likes

No mate, I don’t think the doctors could make use of goggles full of cement and fibre glass

Theres money in property.

Theres no way you can work at a safe distance in construction. Keep 2m apart up a scaffold

Who’s going out to their front door clapping at 8pm?

Course they can keep a distance, they all wear gloves.

It’s actually quite simple to keep a distance. Next you’ll have people looking for supermarkets to close.

1 Like

Up a scaffold? Working on a lift shaft?

Certain jobs you could do. Certain two man jobs etc, no fucking way

Supermarkets are essential. What a ridiculous argument

It’s not ridiculous, lads can stand back. Certain jobs can be held off alright but jobs where more spacial awareness is needed have no reason to close sites.

Groundworks can go ahead, landscapers can still work.

How do you think farmers are managing, ffs?

No scaffold on plenty of our jobs. Anything over 10-storey, you’d use screens.

1 Like

Farmers are essential now too mate. They deserve the same round of applause as the health workers, and the supermarket workers. All putting themselves in harm’s way.

Building can pause. These lads are out on a site all day and could be spreading anything unnecessarily

Fucks sakes

1 Like

Farmers are scum

4 Likes

Let people eat cake? Like the lad below in Cork.

I hope you will be all out on your doorstep to clap and cheer frontline workers at 8 tonight. Farmers included :smiley: