Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

Only a moron looks at one days results and try’s to make conclusions from it. Seven days is the sort of duration you would need to make a judgement.

I saw a good attempt at a face mask there while I was out for a walk.

Someone had an elastic band around their head and it was holding up a sheet of kitchen paper.

1 Like

The US will be at 100K cases by tonight yet their death rate is tiny — what gives @anon7035031? They werent even testing for it until last week.

Hes wife walked on him in full drag

It’s only blowing up over there. The casualties will follow soon.

Why is it only blowing up in the us nowadays? There’s lots of strange stuff about this but I see little reason why the uk and the us are so far behind Italy and Spain.

329 million people. The deaths are beginning to climb up. 268 yesterday. They could be topping a thousand daily within a week.

Appears that much of the country is as yet relatively unaffected for whatever reason. 466 deaths in New York is pretty significant for the city’s population though not at the level of Italy or Spain.

Look at the number of US cases in the past week.

They have risen to the top worldwide in cases in the past week. I expect they will top the fatality list by this time next week.

The tan health minister is after testing positive

The whole front bench ( probably all of Westminster ) have it.

Herd Immunity Herd Immunity

Still no sign of our test results. I’m starting to feel better. First symptom last Saturday week. Whatever I have/ had, everyone in the house has it now. I hope I come back positive now so we can put the fear of catching and spreading it behind us.

16 Likes

Some doses are worse than others:

Good stuff, mate.

1 Like

Is it not over 700 deaths in Spain today?

Some doses are bigger than others.

Testing has ramped up significantly, so lots more cases detected. The only numbers I am paying attention to are cases in ICU and deaths. The deaths are running at the same rate per capita as Germany, S Korea and Ireland, which is good so far.

There’s probably multiple reasons for that, but contrary to myth the US has excellent health care facilities, very modern and lots of capacity and ICU. There’s 32 ICU beds per 100,000 that’s over 100K in the whole country. At present about 2.5K are occupied. New York and out here are stretched a bit, but it’s more individual hospitals than the whole system.

1 Like

Same here, initial symptoms last Saturday week, tested Monday morning, expected wait time for results 3 days, obviously delays. 14 days up tomorrow, back in the game?

3 Likes
1 Like