Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

It’s their massive population and slow response mate

I’m sure I read here their response had been the best in the world.

I read a lot of shite here mate

1 Like

I went for a run at lunchtime and it was very quiet out. Based on what I’ve seen and heard over the weekend, people by and large are following these measures. It’s more dog walkers and family units out and about as opposed to groups of youngsters.

1 Like

I go and get the newspapers every morning for my father in law so he doesn’t have to leave the house. I’ve seen a steady slowdown over the last week, and today was like a ghost town. The lady who served me said it’s the quietest Sunday morning she’s ever seen and we agreed that it’s a good thing in general.

I’ll report more tomorrow. This could be as crucial as my N11 traffic to TV viewership correlation

2 Likes

Out on my brief and distance compliant outdoor exercise around Stephen’s Green earlier and the place really is deserted save for a trickle of walkers, angry seagulls and the junkie zombies. There was some open intimidation by drug dealers going on at the top of Grafton Street as well. I was disappointed that two Guards who passed them and went into the Stephen’s Green Centre didn’t seem to be enforcing social distancing whilst they went about their work, must be an essential industry.

Did you rebase to Wexford or are ye still in Dublin?

1 Like

Good presence of Gardai patrolling rural mid West Tipperary.

756 deaths in Italy is the latest daily figure - that could go up again tomorrow but they seem to be plateauing at least.

They’d want to watch they don’t get shot in the back.

10 deaths

200 new cases

Be a fair bullet to pierce Korean Hyundai Estate

ICU numbers?

Prediction or fact? Low due to revised testing criteria I wonder?

I know I’ve said this about 100 times, the reality is nobody in the west took this seriously, the first suppression actions were taken March week 2 after governments saw what was starting to happen in Italy. New York the best example. A week after the Federal government shut down all travel from China and declared a national health emergency on January 31, here is what mayor Bill de Blasio and his health commissioner Dr. Oxiris Bardot were saying to New Yorkers:

de Blasio: “New Yorkers should go about our lives, do what we do”
Bardot: “As we gear up to celebrate Lunar New Year in NYC, I want to assure New Yorkers that there is no reason to change their holiday plans, avoid the subway, or any part of the city”. Actually encouraging people to go out party for Chinese Lunar New year which went on until February 8th.

According to the standards of some on here, both should be in jail.

Facts.

2 Likes

You only deal in them :clap:

Are most of the deaths nursing home based?

77 as of Friday.

Deserted in the peak District this morning.