Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

Thomas Brady predicted April 2 I think.

I was talking to a lad last night who did an analysis of the number of urns delivered to crematoriums in Wuhan and he reckoned there are 46k deaths there alone. This lad is an accountant so I tend to believe him.

:joy:

What a sentence

19 Likes

6.6 per cent growth rate
2.4 per cent mortality rate

The measures do seem to be having desired effect.

1 Like

Forget about the growth rate its worthless. Sure the testing has fallen apart

2 Likes

But you have to assume those are the people presenting as sick and testing positive?

1 Like

How many in ICU - 124 ?

Did they hear about the 8 million missing phones?

Kev wouldn’t have chanced that.

1 Like

How exactly did he get access to data on the delivery of urns to crematoriums?

Dr Ronan saying here that the 126 in ICU figure is the number admitted to ICU since this pandemic began, not necessarily the number in ICU at this point in time. However, he said that most people will spend a long time in ICU and, paraphrasing here, not many will be out the gap yet.

2 Likes

Dissidents within China sending out pictures, allegedly.

The sad reality is that once elderly people get to ICU and on ventilators, most do not make it. A study done in Wuhan had the mortality rate at 86%.

A basic part of the statistics should be the number of tests done per daily release of figures.

212 daily cases on its own really only makes sense if you know how many tests were carried out in the timeframe the figures come from.

The one about believing the accountant was even worse.

2 Likes

jesus

10 Likes

Sounds highly scientific

That was facetious.

As reliable as anything coming from China. You would want you head examined to believe that in the space of two weeks they went to no new cases, no new deaths and everyone recovered.