Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

I think the Italians started on the back foot to be fair to them. Everyone else has had the chances to learn from their mistakes. Not that everyone is taking the opportunity

2 Likes

I’ve a feeling the us will get out of this mess but the uk are fucked

everyone is forgetting Spain. Spain are in line to be worse than Italy, I hope to fuck they implemented the serious measures in time and it slows the death rate.

The chinese lied and are still lying.

4 Likes

Death toll in England 233, thats up 53

793 dead in Italy is the latest daily figure. I think I want to get sick.

I see they are breaking down the UK figures into Eng/Scot/Wales/NI so they don’t look so bad

France aren’t in great shape either. Jesus

As if I’d ever use big words like that ffs

They are claiming the big threat now is visitors to the country with the virus. So they have eradicated the virus from their 1.5 billion population. It’s quite the claim.

No one is forgetting Spain. If you scroll up about 300000 posts you’ll see I published their figures before noon today and even threw in the arrest figures for flauting the lockdown to boot

1 Like

They’ve created a Hamsterdam here somewhere.

Looking at a timeline for Italy it seems a 38 year old man in the province of Lodi who was very sociable infected half a province. He first displayed symptoms on 14th February. There were other cases linked to Wuhan and Huabei including a cluster of 16 in Lombardy but the impact of this one man who was allowed to be treated in a local hospital unisolated has had a devastating impact. In the 22nd of February the govt imposed a quarantine covering 50,000 people and 11 provinces in this redzone in Lombardy. All schools were closed and all public gatherings banned. How they managed to get to this point beggars belief given stringent measures imposed.

1 Like

Loads of people ignored and still ignore social distancing

In Italy?

Nobody can tell me it won’t emerge that Ireland has a Pat Mustard-type superspreader.

There are only two possibilities, they have either found a treatment that works and everyone has been dosed with it, or there are millions dead. I read a twitter post yesterday from an activist who left China that claimed one phone carrier has lost 6 million customers since January. She was speculating they didn’t need their phones where they went.

3 Likes

Yeah. Young people still ignoring it.

We’re not far off ignoring it either. Some people are being pig ignorant to it partically gangs of young people and their parents to allow it

1 Like

8.2 million

1 Like