Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

:smile:

1 Like

It isnā€™t hard to extrapolate a number. The first case was November, the R0 is believed to be 2.0 - 2.5 (before any efforts to contain itā€™s spread).

Thatā€™s why the Chinese numbers make no sense, do the math on an epidemic that started in a large city in mid November and how many people should be infected at R0 of 2.25 by January 20th. They say 300 by January 20th, I would say a minimum of 3,000, and possibly 30,000. Thatā€™s the sot of numbers Italy and Spain have seen in the same time period (January to March).

Unless you believe the virus didnā€™t bother spreading for the first two months in Wuhan, and decided to spread like wildfire when it got to Europe.

Did you fly the private helicopter home to the gate?

1 Like

No I donā€™t believe the Chinese numbers before they started testing, after they started testing, and especially after they claimed they had no new cases and everyone who had it had recovered.

Of course it spread. How could they test and record something there was no test for.

Nowhere will have accurate numbers until antibody testing can be done.

Do you believe the numbers are accurate from when they began testing?

Why donā€™t you want the 20k people that flew home from Spain after Cheltenham dead?

I travelled home by car from the airport. Is that ok?

What is it with you & wanting people dead, mate?

1 Like

In that case you shouldnā€™t believe the German or South Korean numbersā€¦

There were no numbers before they started testing how could there have been?

We are where we are

Make any stops, touch anything in DUB Airport.

Mind yourself bro, Charlie Austin is only showing symptoms today.

Thatā€™s very responsible. You did wrong but I forgive you.

I wish all your horsey friends were like you.

I sort of believe their numbers on a relative basis from early February when they started testing to early March, the growth during that period makes sense.

Donā€™t chat to this clown. Heā€™s a sheep nowadays. Heā€™s incapable of forming his own opinion so heā€™ll follow the crowd. Security in numbers. Not much better than myboyblue the way heā€™s gone.

Gas cunt

1 Like

You source at Cheltenham seems to be much better than Barney Curleyā€™s source at Wimbledon anyway.

I remember thinking a while back that I really didnā€™t trust BarneyCurley and that he was a character capable of doing something really really bad. I thought that he might steal a lot of money or maybe kill one person, I never thought that he was going to kill dozens of people.

2 Likes

Steady on. The young man is isolating.

Out of curiosity where did this thing about my source in Wimbledon is on come from? It was cancelled yesterday?

You could count people who were dying of a new pneumonia type illness before you threw them into the pyre. Thereā€™s no evidence the virus got to Germany or South Korea before mid January, and the first death was in February.

Whatā€™s at issue here is the numbers that were infected and died in Wuhan in December and January. The local CCP were aware of the new virus and the associated illness in December, they knew it was SARS in early January. They hid that from central CCP until mid January and central CCP did nothing until the 23rd of January when they locked down Wuhan. When the official death count was 3. They locked down all the surrounding provinces the next day. A bit of an overreaction for 3 deaths donā€™t you think?

They fucked up mate. Iā€™m not saying it was malicious, but itā€™s what you get in that kind of controlled society where everyone is afraid of their lives to speak up.

They understood what the r nought was then.

Iā€™d suspect the deaths were from pneumonia related illness caused them to go and look for the virus. Once they found it and got the r nought they shut the fuck down.

What excuse have western governments who had huge warnings advanced warnings, many of them and still failed to act?