Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

Great leadership.

1 Like

Even the woman doing the sign language is giving him the two fingers.

Why is COVID-19 killing so many southern Europeans and not killing so many Vikings?

Italy 14k dead, Spain 11K dead, France 6.5K dead. OK big populations, average 55 million. Roughly 200 dead per million population. The Vikings (Denmark, Sweden, Norway), roughly 20 million population combined, 560 deaths, 28 deaths per million.

OK thereā€™s roughly 2X more people confirmed infected per million of population in southern Europe compared to Viking nations, but what the fuck else is going on? Is this more evidence that the number actually infected is huge?

Or is my math fucked up @anon78624367?

1 Like

Social distancing is the norm in Scandinavia, unlike Southern Europe. Tourism is rampant in Italy/Spain, unlike Scandinavia. Italians apparently have poor personal hygiene.

1 Like

Just spoke to one of my teachers there, she said it was only a matter of time before her Mother-In-Law would die from COVID in New York. Husband canā€™t go back as he wonā€™t be able to return to Singapore, no one in allowed to see her anyway and no point Skyping as she isnā€™t aware of what is going on as she is on morphine. Horrendous situation with no closure for the family.

1 Like

I think now more than ever we need to pray.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I think as well, but I thought it was a little racist to say it.

One of our local lads here with a potential antibody treatment.

https://www.centivax.com/

Just a quick dumb down.

SARS researchers developed anti-bodies after the outbreak in 2003. The treatment wasnā€™t needed as SARS died out. What this group have done is take the SARS antibodies and genetically engineered them to match the RNA of SARS-2. Human studies to be done in July, and if successful could get approval for release on compassionate grounds by September.

1 Like

Blame the foreigners. Not Mickey Joe calling in for a visit to Mammy after the racing.

7 Likes

All these treatments getting rushed through. Weā€™ll end up making it a super virus by ourselves

Itā€™s already a super virus, has four modes of attack.
https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/breaking-new-coronavirus-research-shows-that-the-sars-cov-2-coronavirus-has-a-fourth-route-of-attacking-human-host-cells-making-it-a-real-super-virus

Youā€™re right not to believe anything he says, heā€™s a born liar

https://twitter.com/carlogarganese/status/1245357350254452737

These treacherous bastards

11 Likes

Heard the same. Makes sense unfortunately

Not blaming the nurses in the slightest. They are being left to fend for themselves and not a screed of PPE

The nurses also double job and work shifts in nursing homes for a few bob extra, particularly student nurses apparently

1 Like

The deflection from the lads with horses in their avatars is striking. Protect the industry at all costs.

2 Likes

Air pollution is the logical answer? Perhaps air quality is a big underlying issue.

Its absolute insanity that aer lingus planes are still flying out there picking up their shit