Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

1026 unread posts. How are we looking lads?

Is @TreatyStones breaching lockdown?

5 Likes

About 5 posters responsible for 1,000 of those postsā€¦

I heard a theory there earlier around the nursing home clusters and what might have driven it.

Loads of nursing homes are staffed with (excellent) overseas nurses. Many of whom live together as well as working together, or live with other nurses in other NH. I know some agencies would even have staff accom for nurses in Dublin

Might be bullshit but its as plausible as what i have heard

Iā€™ve stopped listening to Morning Ireland and switched over to Marty on Lyric FM. Thereā€™s no new news anymore, just repeats

8 Likes

There is a nursing home near me and a bus stop across the road from it. At about 8 every night half a dozen Philippino women come from the home and get the bus home I presume. Now itā€™s not Dublin but if the same happened in a population dense area, wouldnā€™t be hard to see how itā€™s been brought in from public transport

Grandmother of a good mate of mine in work passed away this morning due to this cunt of a yoke. She started coughing yesterday morning. Got it from the carer who was helping her with her husband. Carer didnā€™t even know she had it until after the lady had died. Carer may have unknowingly passed it onto 10-15 other elderly people. Itā€™s nuts altogether.

Jaysus

I pissed myself laughing when I read this post.

Plasterers. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

You were missed when you were away, old friend.

10 Likes

Imagine the fucking guilt of that for someone who was doing no more than trying their best in their lowly paid under appreciated job. Ffs

2 Likes

Did you see the start of the Late Lateā€¦ We paid the bat eaters over 100m for defective ppe. They gave us the virus then robbed usā€¦

1 Like

We cancelled home help three weeks ago to try and avoid this scenario.

5 Likes

Heā€™s the best in the business by a distance.

All sorted @Mac, lockdown over

How many of the deaths, as a percentage, have occurred in nursing homes?

Things going well in India as doctors get attacked by a mob:

1 Like

Iā€™m devastated for the workers who have been handed the Chinese shit PPE but on another hand I love saying I told you so to everyone celebrating and making a big deal of the flight to china. Buy chinese expect to get shit.

7 Likes

You can see why the Indian doctors come over here in fairness.

1 Like

Weā€™ve curried favour with them with our promise that thereā€™s only a 10% chance theyā€™ll be attacked while working in A&E on a Saturday night. They like those odds.

2 Likes

We did the same. Auld lad cocooned over a month save for weekly appointments in Ardkeen.

2 Likes