Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

My parents always say the same. Kill them before putting them in nursing home. I think you are being very unfair to people who do decide they have no choice but to do it though.

1 Like

Of course they would. Thats only 1400 pm less than 20k Gross

I know there are circumstances where people canā€™t give the care required, thatā€™s undeniable.
But, there are those that decide to do so as it suits their lifestyles unfortunately.

Itā€™s something i donā€™t know much about but my gran uncle is bachelor and he loves his hurling. Heā€™s a few buddies in the nursing home where they talk all day about hurling. Heā€™s much happier now than when he was on his own. My mum is delighted with the care and the staff seem absolutely brilliant at what they do. I donā€™t think itā€™s as bad as some make out. Obviously thereā€™s nothing easy about getting old.

I see what your saying. Unfortunately though there are some despicable cunts out there who wonā€™t use the nursing home for fear would eat into their inheritance.

Theres no right or wrong answers to this. My grandmother spent 6 years in sain gobnats in colmanswell. She loved every minute of it and died very happy. On the other side my grandfather was in one for a few years and hated it.

Ya Iā€™d be in client to agree. I can only talk from my own experiences but if you mentioned to my uncle About going back to his home heā€™d say no. Heā€™s blessed I guess as his nursing home isnā€™t far from his home place so his neighbours and that can still call to see him. He enjoys the chat and a bit of craic too so it suits him.

I thought 350 quid net was the equivalent of 38k gross? Or did I read that wrong?

Youā€™re confusing that with the Government Wage Subsidy Scheme.

For someone on 38k gross the net would be 589 a week.

The government will subsidise 70% of that or approx 410 euro.

1 Like

Bringing someone away from their home to one of those places, knowing theyā€™ll never again go back is a tough day

3 Likes

I have no idea if your either very very bad at maths or if you are making a point towards someone

3 Likes

According to an article in ā€˜The Lance itā€™:
Itā€™s partly down to diet and natural selection. The Scandinavian is ating handfuls of vitamin d supplements over the winter months, and hes getting plenty of oily fish. And heā€™s predispositioned to absorb even more vitamin d via uv radiation (or from ā€œbig um yellow thing um skyā€, as ryan mcmenamin calls it)
Put a darker complexioned southern European in lockdown and heā€™s vitamin d deficient within days.
Plus Vikings are notoriously hard - fjords are very draughty and they barely even notice.

2 Likes

What about northern Italy which gets pretty cold during the winter ? Albeit not dark and isnā€™t the Mediterranean diet supposed to be the healthiest ā€¦

Think Nurses are near ā‚¬38k basic after a year and a bit in the jobā€¦

About 32k basic after 2 years post qualification

1 Like

Presume they are like the cops and they get allowances foe night shifts, weekend, uniform allowance?

Depends I suppose. If you do a speciality masters in something you get allowances alright. Not sure do you get an allowance for nights or not. Probably do

2 Likes

The retirement home in Coronation Street that Norris Cole and Ken Barlow live in seems like a grand place.

2 Likes

Mary Lou would sort out everything out, so she would

Jaysus is that in todayā€™s Times?

Sheā€™s shot her load early with that one.