Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

There should be worldwide containment until this is solved. Import and export of products and materials should be the only travel between countries.

1 Like

Letā€™s hope soā€¦

Working hitherto.

Today was the first WFH. 2 hours work. 6 hours settling the sprog. 1 failed attempt at a bit of hanky panky. FML life.

4 Likes

Great so far in that itā€™s all a bit novel currently. Survivors of the economic crash are older, wiser and more resilient. A lot of lads here are ā€œWFHā€ā€¦This involves multiple game of hide and seek and scoots for outdoor activities.
Drinking and substance abuse are noticeably reduced or else no one is owning up to it.
Tempers are well contained and the occasional burst of good news is roundly acclaimed @mikehunt.
Travellers are tearing it up on motorways with the only outdoor activity permitted being sulky racing and bare-knuckle boxing. Finneganā€™s of Annacotty is temporarily closed.

If youā€™re concerned about your parents you can PayPal Ā£500 to my account and Iā€™ll see them right. Iā€™ll pm the bank details later. Yeah, weā€™re as well as you might expect.

6 Likes

It was more nuanced along ethnic lines Iā€™ll explain by pm if you like.

1 Like

We should be containing people who live in Dublin. This is the epicentre of the problem in Ireland.

1 Like

I was on the sauce there fairly heavy for 7 or 8 days, Iā€™m off it now. Anxiety levels are still savage

2 Likes

Disruption to routine must be tough mate?

Its the anxiety, I am a home worker anyway, so well used to it. Iā€™m awake 22 hours day, I canā€™t go home to Ireland and see my parents who are in their 70ā€™s with health conditions, then you have the worry of a total economic and social collapse here, it could only be weeks away, we have to try and stay strong

You cant control any of thatā€¦

Set yourself achievable goals for the day, small ones. Stay healthy. Call your folks.

1 Like

You are bigger and stronger than your problems.

1 Like

Remember your body is adjusting to a period of big change. Accept whatā€™s real and let it do its thing. Resist nothing. Let your body guide you.

1 Like

How is Fintan holding up?

I was up in Cambridge there earlier in the week, we had to pull him out of college abruptly, he was devastated.

9 Likes

@Copper_pipe post up that WhatsApp video of the auld lad from Adare goin round Rathkeale lookin for a pub to drink in.

1 Like

Do you have toilet roll?

I assume thereā€™d be none of this for about 6 months after having a kid? You need a plan B for these times.

I have a bidet, what a move that was, primitive toilet roll :smiley: its actually disgusting when you think about

8 Likes

The below are messages from a colleague who landed in DUB last night from Tenerife

ā€œ Not a full isolation, just be cautious and donā€™t attend any mass gatherings etc.ā€

ā€œ We got off the plane and the folks at the passport control only have us a leaflet on what to do if we feel worseā€

ā€œ My parents landed in Warsaw last night and they said they spent almost 2hr in the plane after they landed and the army doctors were taking temperature readings from everyone and taking their details like where they were, how long, where they goin etc.ā€

ā€œ Mum said they took 3 ladies away before anyone else coz they had higher temperatures. Then the rest of the folks got a box of paracetamol and a booklet on what to if you develop symptoms and only then they were allowed to leave the planeā€