Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

This is a mature discussion and an uncomfortable one.

1 Like

Face up to it to fuck and stop virtue signaling.

Fuck Carole Baskin.

1 Like

Would they be able to manage a Skype call at all? I feel this is a massive boost for the elderly but obviously many can’t use the technology. Could you try drop in some sort of old smart device to them?

2 Likes

Great post. I think by the end of next week we will know a bit more of where we’re at. If the numbers stay low enough then maybe another 2 weeks of the earlier restrictions should be called with a view to getting back to some sort of normality by mid-May. If they’re high and climbing then it’s another 3 or 4 weeks of what we’re doing and reassess again. People talking about staying like this for 3 or 4 months have their heads in the sand.

1 Like

That’s top notch mate.

If the numbers stay low that’s good - but if they dont that’s bad.

:smile:

:smiley: You’re absolutely seething at my Shinners post, aren’t you! Let it all out here, pal.

3 Likes

What post is this?

525 deaths in Italy. At least the death rate seems to be dropping there finally.

Decline for 3rd day in a row in Spain as well.

1 Like
1 Like

When do we get today’s numbers?

What common sense?

There’s no press conference on a Sunday.
The figures will be released to the media shortly

2 Likes

To add to the good news out of Italy today, a little respite for New York, although only one day so too early to declare a plateau. 594 new deaths compared to 630 yesterday, and new hospitalizations dropped to 574 from 1,095. 74% of those hospitalized so far have been released.

It’s becoming depressing almost waiting for these numbers to be announced every night as if it’s a part of a nightly routine.

1 Like

It is part of a nightly routine

2 Likes

I was saying last night about my Godmother’s spirit being knocked out of her as she’s lost her very active routine (late 80s) and is a bit isolated from family (though not neighbours thankfully).

If fairness she sounded a bit more upbeat today. She was telling me one of the her friend’s daughters left in some jigsaws on her doorstep and was up till 1.30 last night finishing it.

2 Likes

I know we’ve never lived TV though this type of thing before but certain aspects such as what you’ve outlined there remind me of the troubles, growing up as a kid in the 80s the news must have held similar fears

1 Like

I hope it’s all over soon anyway tracksuit :pray:

What did they do for palms?