Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

I dropped them to them.

The auld fella barely looked up, couldnā€™t explain that he could pause it :rollseyes:

Can anybody stick up our growth curve please?

RIP

6 Likes

About an 8% growth in cases.
More concerning is the fact there is 50 clusters in nursing homes. There wonā€™t be any good outcome from that.

2 Likes

That could be 1,000 deaths.

For who?

May they rest in peace

Very hard to solve that even. Awful situation

Whatā€™s the median age today?

Theres another circa 140 non covid related ICU occupancy as well

Is it not unexpected that new cases and deaths are beginning to fall in italy and spain, giving that lockdown is in place?

Thus, if measures are relaxed, wont number of cases and deaths simply rise again, in light of how infectious covid 19 is?

Talk of reaching ā€˜peaksā€™ and being other side of ā€˜peakā€™ just a misnomer?

1 Like

There is no endgame.

1 Like

Thatā€™s my point. No endgame until a vaccine is found, and that is not guaranteed.

1 Like

My fear too, I think general public are happy with daily numbers once median age is so high ( ie itā€™s a Nursing Home virus now ).

If the ICUā€™s fill up which they will & we see a week of young or middle aged people dying from this then the clamour to get up & going again will subside fairly lively.

Until a reputable Test is available to make us all aware whether weā€™ve had this or not is widely available we are at a stand still Iā€™m afraid.

1 Like

People whoā€™ve been infected arenā€™t being reinfected so thatā€™s a crucial point and we badly need to figure out how many people have been infected.

Is that definitive though?

Well as definitive as anything else on this. There hasnā€™t been any indication of people being reinfected that Iā€™ve seen anyway. We still donā€™t know how infectious this thing is really. Interesting research in Dublin about the tb vaccine potentially helping.