Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

Yeah perhaps, but at the same time people are supposed to be isolating. And of the contact tracing going on, it’s dropped from 20 to 3 persons and given the numbers tested you’d hope that is quite a representative, so long as not too many contact tracing has been missed. :man_shrugging:t2:

You are denying that mental health issues are a problem and the longer lock down goes on the bigger an issue they’ll become. You’ve tried to deny this as you feel safe locked in your room. You are weak and Selfish. It isn’t what’s good for you it’s what’s good everyone. There’ll come a point when the virus is far less of a treat to our society than people’s mental health. You are trying to deny this.

We are told that 99% of people are practicing what they have been asked. Our numbers relay that — take away the unfortunate nursing home numbers of 80+ year olds with underlying issues and our numbers read very well. So why introduce martial law?
We also saw hundreds of prisoners released early- people who have committed crimes – and now they are telling us they are going to arrest Breda off Facebook who had the virus way back in October and is fine to go to the beach.
This was rushed through both houses - a few hours before the Seanad was dissolved. It’s adding to the hysteria — Leo knows this and has distanced himself from it and is just reserving himself for fuzzy warm speeches.

1 Like

Nope.

I am saying that there are some very callous people who are looking to hijack mental health issues to agitate against the measures brought in to curb this virus. Theses people are attempting to use mental health as a vehicle to bring back their social liberties as soon as possible which will results in thousands of deaths of the vulnerable and elderly and these people couldn’t give a fiddlers about loss of life as long as they get to indulge in the vices.

Now is not the time for selfishness.

3 Likes

Whatever I have lying about handy in the freezer I’d say

Lads like him would have supported internment.

Harris himself said that compliance was very high. This is not needed.

Lads like you would have turned at the first point of interrogation.

1 Like

That really puzzled me —he said it at least 3 times. He was very uncomfortable imo and it was clear he was sent out to be shot by his superiors.

If compliance is high then it won’t make a difference to anyone

Shur I wouldnt have been in the house to be caught would I?

So a government can introduce what they like if it doesnt affect the majority at the time of introduction?

@ironmoth

reports of mortality rates for Italy, France and Portugal and a bit on the UK too, with 5 years data

Seems covid 19 deaths have been under reported.

In a time of emergency yes

Have we declared an emergency?

1 Like

Yeah you’re right it was rushed through. We are doing fine without this like you said. What gets me is that for years we were told there couldn’t be legislation for things like huge severance packages for directors of banks who ran the country into the ground and teed us up for years of austerity that culminated in consequences for the old and infirm. They have no problem introducing legislation emergency or otherwise when it suits them.

2 Likes

I’ve 2 grandparents up there. A lovely spot to be buried, if that can be said.

1 Like

I don’t think this is unconstitutional lads, the State has a lot of leeway to restrict “rights”.

The Emergency Health Act passed in the Dail last week, yes