Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

Heartbreaking my dad sister only thought she was sending my 85 year old grandmother home from spain.

yes

On one thread you are decrying the USA trying to pass new powers to tackle the corona virus as a dictatorship.
On this thread then you are saying the government need to crack down and deny everyone their human rights.

Do yourself a favour and go for that walk mate.

11 Likes

Of course. Just practice social distancing. There is nothing wrong with walking or running.

One needs retaliation put deep heat on the control and pray he scratches his eyes or his hole

bouncing?

Ah its desperate but also kinda funny. We know shes hurting and missing her routine and try as they might its gonna be tough for anyone north of 80 to take it all in. That said shes been treated like royalty and theres some who think she might be utterly milking the situation for her own gain

Thank fuck. It breaks up the day lovely

I don’t think the poor sods understand the issue entirely god bless them

1 Like

Jesus Christ, talking about using a fake narrative to try and score points.

People accept that there will be restrictions on movement for the sake of public health because it’s a fucking pandemic.

The point is Trump is already a more than budding authoritaarian and plainly wants to turn the US into something like Hungary on a permanent basis.

Our government, whatever you think of them, don’t.

Go and have a look back at what you said about Hungary and Viktor Orban earlier. You were right then, you’re all over the shop now.

And tell him its Coronavirus.

Haha

I think people are being super responsible around elderly and vulnerable people here in Ireland. To be honest, this was the case before they shut the schools here in the main. People who had to be more vigilant were, from what I could see.

I have hope

2 Likes

The Irish always help out it is in our DNA.
It’s the self centred idiotw who will ruin it for all.

1 Like

My auld lad is hunkered down in rural Ireland, out walking the dog today when a jogger approached. Jogger spots him, spins around back in the direction from which he came from.

Auld lad chuckled telling me.

14 Likes

Whatever sets you free bro

1 Like

I was genuinely worried about you last weekend you definitely seem to be coping better now all the best to you and your family.

3 Likes

I rang an elderly relative today who is unfortunately away from most of the family and she was telling me how upset she was that Mass was cancelled but at least a group of them had organised a rosary up at the Church. :pensive:

Their patience will wear thin quicker than the rest of us.

4 Likes

I was worried last week as I was afraid of the inaction and couldn’t understand the laissez faire attitude of some on here towards it.

I felt we were sleepwalking on a national scale.

Thanks for the concern. We’ll all do what is needed. I hope you and yours are doing well too mate

2 Likes

The sense of community is definitely coming back which is great to see. An aunt of mine who settled in Mullingar from Limerick long before me is self isolating with her husband as he had health problems a while back. Both in their late 70s, I rang her today to offer to get them shopping, books etc. People are definitely becoming less self conscious and thinking of more vulnerable people.