Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it… I might only see the inside of a pub twice a year myself but plenty of old fellas and rural people like to tip up for a bit of company… social distance etc obviously hampers that, but it’s still out of the house and some bit of companionship.

1 Like

Was there a racist mob waving them through?

There was.

1 Like

The Key is trying to find out how many people have had the virus. If it’s as infectious as people think many more people have been infected than we probably assume.

I suppose dogging is gone to shit these days…

:laughing:

A quick drive by the car park wasn’t sufficient. They parked up the patrol car and started traipsing through the woods. A fantastic use of tax-payers’ money.

Constitutional or not… best of luck finding a judge who will rule that way… In a national crisis, laws can be made or broken for fun, if its the state doing it

We go for a walk and pretend its because we are doing a check?

By the time you got before a judge in this country you’d probably be onto the next epidemic

Spanish health officials say a further 683 people with COVID-19 have died bringing the total number of confirmed COVID-19 deaths in the country to 15,238

Kilkee says no

I’d be praying for Wuhan too. What happens there over the next few weeks will have ramifications for the rest of us I presume :pray:

The Nursing Home situation is not looking good. Really need to get a handle on it

Good news lads. And Ze Germans have one of the most comprehensive testing regimes in the World. 0.37% fatality rate and three times more people had it than they had estimated. Which itself was an estimate including people they didn’t know had it.

Scientists and politicians in Germany have this morning presented some fascinating preliminary findings of a forensic study of the outbreak in the Heinsberg municipality on the Dutch border, which has been called “Germany’s Wuhan”.

For the “Covid-19 case cluster study”, scientists from the university of Bonn went back to the town that saw the first two fatalities from the virus in Germany and interviewed and tested 1,000 residents. Researchers are also trying to work out exactly how the virus got transmitted at a carnival eventin the area on 15 February.

After analysing around half of the tests, the study’s director, Prof Hendrick Streeck said on Thursday morning that 14% of the population in the area had developed immunity after contracting the novel coronavirus. Previous estimated had put the infection rate at only around 5%.

Streeck said the fatality case rate of the virus in the area had also turned out to be considerably lower than the currently currently registered for the country as a whole. In Heinsberg, only 0.37% of people who contracted the virus had died.

The latest figure for Germany as a whole, as calculated by Johns Hopkins University, is 1.98%.

1 Like

Relaxed

My other half does a bit of music for old folks homes near her, she got a call yesterday from one place saying they had four deaths over the previous 24 hours. It’s only starting for them.

This thing is wicked infectious. I’m not sure it’s possible to stop it getting into nursing homes, unless you lock the carers in with them

1 Like

Whether lads agree or not, carers staying on site was pretty much a must from the get go imo.

Or else, families should have been asked to take relatives back home if health of residents allowed so.

Fuck