Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

Croghan bog, correct

It can be a lonely life style at times!

2 Likes

Oooft

Yeah but like a US state we cannot really control our own monetary policy, we have fiscal autonomy to do what we like with it but we cant print money and we are limited in what we can borrow as well. Each country will have it’s own specific needs. Italy’s economy was floundering and they will need a lot of support. Same with Spain.

Everyones in the same boat now pal.

Nice to be your own boss too.

It’s not a question of agreeing. It’s a question of the others falling in with what Germany wants.

1 Like

It is but they should have created a fund with somewhere between 4 and 6 trillion available. Introduce strict enough measures for drawing down what you need alright. But this is a global issue so just write the fucking thing off

Denis Irwin was right about the Dutch cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

3 Likes

The best of land. Those Galway lads are only fooling themselves.

1 Like

I agree

Fair point, although it does seem the dutch plus the scandinavians are also sick of the so called casual spending Italians, Spanish etc

And write off existing debt

Said it last week here…1% VAT on hotel rooms below 120 or 150 euro…free public transport for all tourists…cut VAT to nowt on eating out…drive the living shit out of tourism for next 12 month’s will give a serious boost to the areas in economy worst affected now

2 Likes

Crisis = opportunity

If only the UK could push themselves into the middle of the South Pacific. And decimate their population. But hey, at least they are working on the latter point, right?

The key will be getting people flying again. Without American tourists who we’ve always relied too heavily on it won’t matter.

I wouldnt be holding my breath for a debt right off pal.

Look at the USC on your payslip - debt write offs are a myth in terms of you and me.

We’re gonna wash those Brits right outta our hair.

A debt write off or forgiveness is almost inevitable