Coronavirus - Here come the variants

If you are a a US or U.K. citizen it would be remiss not to look into itā€¦

2 Likes

Operation warp speed has worked wonders. Another win for donny T

Oh mate. Deary me

When the draconian powers came in and legitimate fears raised about what police would do with them a lot of people including on here said that the police would act reasonably and proportionately and people had nothing to worry about. History shows us that freedoms ceded easily are not taken back as easily.

6 Likes

That happened in Holland, we havenā€™t seen anything like that here, assuming that was a peaceful protest.

But my point really is that it has nothing to do with Covid, what did I miss? Police using too much force at a protest in some random country has probably happened every weekend since forever.

Things been fairly on edge in the Netherlands for months. Been a few bombings at testing centres.

London over weekend is another example. A peaceful vigil broken up by force.

Astra Zeneca are having a shit pandemic in fairness.

Things probably peaked for them when they were giving away a car as the top prize on Know Your Sport in 1989.

What a great show and what a shit prize.

Italia Novanta! As George used to say.

1 Like

Those umbrellas were class

Same lads would praise police brutality at BLM marches.

A girl came to work one day with a know your sport umbrella.

1 Like

A pal of mine lost his :sunglasses:

1 Like

I got to the semi final in 1996 won the 1st round heat and was second in the q final the Crystal I won is still in the parents cabinet at home. Umbrella didnā€™t last too long had lost it within a month.

4 Likes

Mate thereā€™s lads on here who will have your eircode in 5 minutes after reading that

2 Likes

Ie. You gangsters

I have a Waterford Crystal from the Trevor Welch compered Bulmers Sports Quiz in the mid noughties. We made the final 3 times but kept losing to a bunch of ould lads. Pretty cool prizes - a trip on a Lions Tour if we got over the line. I was on nodding terms with Trevor in the finish.

2 Likes

that is correct.

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: