Coronavirus - Here come the variants

They’d have had some craic with the Spainish flu. The place would still be locked down.

It’s a coup. Not a flu.

1 Like

Nailed!

613/35

1 Like

In the 1st instance they probably relate to a mixture of care settings, 2nd instance - UL, 3rd 4th and 5th instances meat plants. Community transmission must be almost negligible at this stage

2 Likes

The virus has been trapped in hospitals, nursing homes and student accommodation. Lockdowns work.

Whats really apparent now it NPHET using the “New Virus” schtick.

1 Like

If they vaccinated the meat plant workers we would be out the gap/.

1 Like

We’ll be like a mongrel chasing its tail with this lot.

Back under the bed we go

We just know there ARE dangers

1 Like

Its basically some nerd in a lab in a university analysing DNA or comparing genome sequencing on a sample of swabs. We seem to have a new variant for everyday of the week. I’m not sure other countries split hairs as much as we seem to do on it.

Yesterday it was some cool surfer DNA from California
Today its more of a Brazilian/South African influence- lets call it Nandos Peri peri DNA
I wonder what exotic variant they will have for us tomorrow.

1 Like

NPHET warning now of the threat of an ‘explosive’ increase in cases.

If only we’d a vaccine or three to get us out of this…

That’s a HR issue

Is this the irish variant? Wearing the green Jersey and is innit together with us?

The fact we can identify variants so easily and quickly is the very reason we can vaccinate so quickly.

I heard why the hse IT has been very slowing in fixing the infrastructure is that Dr Tony has them on a new project “covid variant name generator” its like the website to generate rap names used by post malone and childish gambino to get their stage names

1 Like

I reckon we’re entering the most farcical stage of the whole thing now.

The health care workers and nursing home lads have been vaccinated so people will stop dying from it by and large.

But we’ll still be banned from living for another 6-9 months with a winter lock down looming.

14 Likes

If the vaccine works I can’t genuinely see how this can happen. If the rest of Europe is out and about and enjoying freedom we will hardly be kept locked down, no government would take that hit. As it is the whole of Ireland will be above in northern Ireland having pints from June on.

3 Likes

The ECB will stop funding us if we are locked down when the rest of Europe is open. That will be the end of the fun.

3 Likes